Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Creating a new play by post game

Go down 
+7
Venerable Preceptor
misteradam
CLHarmon
TheDarkServant
Strange Aeons
Exile
Fate
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

Creating a new play by post game - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 5:12 am

First topic message reminder :

Greetings one and all,

I am interested in starting up a new play by post game session to be a weekly posting on this forum.

I will have a map ready very soon for the place.

The area is the Plains of Lashon in Frinth.

If interested please reply to this thread.

Thanks!

Richard Leon

Owner Dark Skull Studios
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Varrius
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Varrius

Character sheet
Name: Varrius
Title: The Flamehearted
Primary Domain: Fire

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:51 pm

The Varriusu (IE the newcomers who follow the flamehearted) are a passionate people, so it is likely that they have also already bred with some of the settlers, thus cementing our alliance/pantheon.
Back to top Go down
Grapes
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name: Grapes
Title: The Harvester
Primary Domain: Madness

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 6:00 pm

I can settle without the artifacts, but the mad prophet is needed to convert all the crazies.

I'm not sure if I gain terror every turn or if I wrote down a +2 for belief gain. Could be gaining no terror and 22 belief. Don't know the mechanics of terror yet.
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet
Name: Venerable Preceptor (Moh Tzu)
Title: The Greybeard
Primary Domain: Knowledge

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 6:04 pm

You gain Terror whenever you instill terror in people. If you're inflicting earthquakes a couple of times a year, on average, you'll be racking up Terror quite rapidly, I'd assume...
Back to top Go down
Varrius
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Varrius

Character sheet
Name: Varrius
Title: The Flamehearted
Primary Domain: Fire

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:40 am

Varrius wrote:
The Varriusu (IE the newcomers who follow the flamehearted) are a passionate people, so it is likely that they have also already bred with some of the settlers, thus cementing our alliance/pantheon.

Ah, furthering this, Pengs people could be an offshoot of Varrius' in the first place - some of those who were captured by the Salamanders rather than the ones who managed to survive.

I'm just throwing ideas out here and it does give viable reasons as to why we would work together other than "Survival in Numbers"
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:44 am

My refugees from Gohai will be delighted to find anyone to work with them, so we're happy to fit in as the just-arrived newcomers. Smile

But blood-ties between the other groups could work very well, I think. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:53 am

Wow, This is great!

So now we have Five Gods: Grapes, Venerable Preceptor, Varrius, Peng and Rhadomanthos.

I need to go over everyone's character sheet Friday and Saturday.

Please let me know when you are done.

If you want to ask any questions about miracle casting or anything else now is the time before the game starts.

I will do my initial post for the game Sunday if there are no more gods entered by Sat.

I will start an initial thread for the In Character Play Plains of Lashon.

I will lock the other play by post and set up another thread for Character Notes Plains of Lashon: This will be where you can post up game notes and ideas random role-play and just good old ideas about your village and tribe for your gods, not questions. Here you can let others know about you.

Questions belong in the forum for game mechanics.

Out of Character Game Questsions will be in its own thread here.

See you guys on the forum Very Happy

PS Since we have five gods if anyone else wants to enter in, the deadline is Sat Night! Then this thread will close and we will move on.
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 5:14 pm

This may be a stupid question - but does anyone know who Haois is?

And... how do the characters look, Fate? Smile
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:51 am

I am pretty sure I know who Haois is.

Lets see some bad ass character sheets people Very Happy

I just PMed everyone involved. I would love to see the character sheets finished by Sunday.

If you need help with a miracle let me know and I will do my best.

Make sure to put in some stats for your followers and your hero. Remember you can pull your hero from one of the elite stats. If you boost up anything let me know and the reason why (or miracle).

Also make sure to state what your miracle does like this.
(type of miracle ie. Legendary, signification etc./ state whether it is alteration or innovation then which of the 4 types of miracles it is: creation, destruction, transformation, or control)

Miracles can be modified on the fly so make sure to give your example miracle of when you would typically use it (ie. a hailstorm for a village area, turning someone into a frog is an individual target typically).

Also during miracle creation list down the cost for a controlled territory, neutral territory and hostile territory. This will help you in the long run.

And describe your territory (ie is it a valley filled with wheat that breaks the plains? a set of hills like in rome?) and location in miles, plus put in some information on what your heaven or hell looks like. If you are nomadic just describe your two places where you go for summer and winter and if there are any shrines there. (or you might carry your shrine with you like the israelites did).

Guys this will be some bad ass miracle making going on here. I cannot wait to get started.

If you need help with anything please feel free to PM me. This includes ideas for miracles.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:38 pm

I would like to give everyone one more day to work on your items.

I will post Monday the intro to the campaign.

Let us have everyone post by next Sunday responses to what is written.

Talk to you guy soon.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:32 am

I would like to see a couple more posts here following the outline Venerable Perceptor used.

https://darkskullstudios.forumotion.com/in-character-game-thread-f13/plains-of-lashon-campaign-character-notes-thread-t142.htm

This will help me write the intro that I am working on now.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:48 am

Greetings everyone,

I am posting now the first part of the campaign. Venerable Preceptor, Grapes and Varrius will have encounters.

If you wish to start the game please post on this thread in the format laid down by Venerable Preceptor https://darkskullstudios.forumotion.com/in-character-game-thread-f13/plains-of-lashon-campaign-character-notes-thread-t142.htm

Things will start off with a nice kick and should really get into motion once everyone gets active.

I have a nice metaplot for you new gods. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creating a new play by post game
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3