Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Play by post setting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

Play by post setting Empty
PostSubject: Play by post setting   Play by post setting I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:47 pm

Hello everyone,

I have given some thought to what setting in the Known World I would like to use for the campaign. Since the world is so big, there are many ideas.

However I thought it would be really cool to do a swampy dinosaur type campaign. So with that said here is what I pick for the next game setting.

Kathonia

The lore of your people covers the knowledge of this holy land, and I will not further extrapolate upon it. I will, however, warn you against the human threat. Humankind infests these lands and should be enslaved or destroyed. Humans breed like rabbits and have little regard for the mysteries of this land; they befoul every place they inhabit.

Nestled in the Horn Mountains beside the Celestial Lakes is Kathonia, a series of rivers, lakes and marshes home to a great variety of reptilian creatures. The temperatures are semi-tropical, with mild winters filled with rainstorms and scorching, humid summers. The Celestial Lakes to the north are home to several human tribes. Further south are the marshlands, which are filled with large reptilian creatures. These creatures are wild variants of the reptilian mounts salamanders use. Local humans tame some of them, while salamander hunters train some of the rarer species, turning them into highly prized mounts. The flying lizards are some of the most popular.

Humans and salamanders roam this region, and a few human villages and salamander forts dot the perimeter. Humans here are primitive and fierce, as they are constantly at war with their surroundings and the salamanders. They are olive-skinned, with dark wavy hair and deep-brown eyes. Salamanders who hunt in this region are from the land of Zzzalon, and come to gather the beasts and humans for sale.

Within the Horn Mountains are inner cliffs, which form a holy place for salamander priestesses. Kathonia is called the Nest of the Ancient Dragons of the World and the Birthplace of the Dragon Gods. No human or salamander god dominates this region, though rival dragon gods contest it.
Back to top Go down
Rhishisikk
Elite Follower
Elite Follower
Rhishisikk

Character sheet
Name: Typhon
Title: Sea Viper
Primary Domain: Sea

PostSubject: Re: Play by post setting   Play by post setting I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:48 am

Looks good, when are we starting? (Thanks for the book quote, BTW. Cuts down on the number of pages I have to go through to find it myself, and answers the question 'am I supposed to know this stuff, or learn as I go?')
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

PostSubject: Re: Play by post setting   Play by post setting I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 12:40 am

Right now I want to say in late march. I still have a lot of writing to do for the next book along with promotional stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Let me   Play by post setting I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:31 am

Please let me know you will be starting this.... I would love to be part of it.... I will start making up my character. I just bought the first 2 books and have not had the time to read through them all yet but hopefully by the time that the PBP is ready to go I will have read through the books.
Back to top Go down
Bill Cumberland
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Bill Cumberland

Character sheet
Name: Nocturn
Title: The Ancient one of Mystery
Primary Domain: Moon

PostSubject: Re: Play by post setting   Play by post setting I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 6:37 pm

I would also like to get in on this. When I first played a demo I thoght PBEM. I will be posting a charechter soon.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play by post setting   Play by post setting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Play by post setting
Page 1 of 1