Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Creating a new play by post game

Go down 
+7
Venerable Preceptor
misteradam
CLHarmon
TheDarkServant
Strange Aeons
Exile
Fate
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 5:12 am

First topic message reminder :

Greetings one and all,

I am interested in starting up a new play by post game session to be a weekly posting on this forum.

I will have a map ready very soon for the place.

The area is the Plains of Lashon in Frinth.

If interested please reply to this thread.

Thanks!

Richard Leon

Owner Dark Skull Studios
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet
Name: Venerable Preceptor (Moh Tzu)
Title: The Greybeard
Primary Domain: Knowledge

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:55 pm

Offers a wave, from the shiny new character account
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Looking good!

Have you decided on any miracles you might cast often?

What about your elites?

Any artifacts?

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:49 am

Updated.

Three of the sample Miracles seemed to fit quite well, so I lifted those.

The hero-design, I'm somewhat less sure of - it really depends on quite how you'd like to define the desired effects in terms of game mechanics. I've taken a stab at it, anyway.

I'm also starting to think that perhaps I should take "Work" or "Labour" as my third secondary domain - perhaps giving the Preceptor a more explicit emphasis on a literal rebuilding of civilisation. But while that'd be very practical, something like "Traps" or "Words" or "Truth" could be more fun to play with in-game. Wink

I'll have to have a think about that....
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:52 am

That looks near complete. Enough to start.

I am interested in seeing your miracles come into play.

There will be some action at first.

What we should do is get some input on how exactly the tribes are laid out. Are you guys far apart in the central area? Or close together?

Do you guys have a central meeting place? A shared territory?

We can start a seperate thread describing the starting area with each god describing where his or her tribe is in relation to the others and a good aproximation on the map (there is measurements on the map so use them Very Happy)

Once we get everyone situated and everyone knows where everyone else is in the "loose alliance" or pantheon we can start the adventure.

It should not take but a paragraph or two to describe this and then we can get going.

PS you can keep some resources or ideas secret, just inform me in PM before we officially begin the game.
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:50 pm

I'd certainly suggest that we all be close together - perhaps even adjacent territories?

Of course, if only one of our tribes is settled and the rest are nomadic, that might change quite a lot... but some form of central meeting point, and a common interest in a moderately tight geographic locale would seem sensible. Especially so if we're to be a pantheon.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkServant
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name: Varrius
Title: The Shining One
Primary Domain: The Sun

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:03 pm

I am definitely interested in still playing, I can set up a God quickly if you so wish.
Back to top Go down
Rhadamanthos
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name: Rhadamanthos
Title: The Swamp-Father
Primary Domain: Survival

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:08 pm

Strange Aeons here. I'll start putting character ideas together tomorrow.

If we're going with one settled people surrounded by nomads, perhaps we could go with the idea that out followers are all descended from the same root tribe and the city itself acts as some kind of 'place of meeting' that emissaries from the other tribes trade and negotiate at? That way you've got Preceptor acting as the "civlised" god that binds the pantheon and people together, while Rhadamanthos is patron of the survivalists, explorers, hunters/gatherers/famers and warriors from the outer lands and marshes.
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:15 pm

I'm quite willing to go with that, though at present I'm thinking of my people being refugees from Gohai.

Someone running a settled tribe that rejoices in technology such as "Wells and Crops" might make sense as a pre-existing core, perhaps?

But the one settled tribe acting as an 'anchor' for multiple nomadic ones is a very nice idea. I like that, and would be quite happy to run with it if appropriate. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheDarkServant
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:19 pm

I was thinking of having my tribe being nomadic, but generally staying near the flamescale mountains. Myself being a god of Fire, with secondary aspects of Passion, Smithery and War. He will have been created from the primal passions of his people calling out for a greater power to defend them from the constant attacks by wild creatures and Salamander Raiders and the like...
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:23 pm

That would put you a considerable distance from where Rhadamanthus and the Preceptor are to be found - about 200-odd miles, I think, at the Southern end of the Southern portion of the Plains of Lashon.

Were you intending to be quite so far-removed? Smile
Back to top Go down
TheDarkServant
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:26 pm

For gaming purposes that is probably a bit too far, if we are to be meeting up or the like. I like the concept but if it is problematic I can try to come up with a new idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:35 pm

A simple option could be that that is where your tribe started out - and in order to survive, it's ended up closer to hand.

I don't think that there's an absolute requirement for your god to be brand new. He could potentially have been around for a little while, have tried to stand up to the Salamanders, and is now arriving in 'our' neck of the woods with 100 able-bodied survivors and 50 belief to his name.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkServant
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:38 pm

You are indeed wise. Now to think of a suitable name Wink

If we are nomadic, when other tribes flee the heat of the summer, we can follow it - both as a form of protection from outsiders and reverence to the Flamehearted One.
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:45 pm

That'd be an interesting quirk. Smile

An idea that occurred to me - in addition to your 100 followers and 50 belief, Fate is (for this game) giving us either a Temple or two Shrines.

I was thinking that those Shrines might perhaps be memorails to the fallen, erected as the first thing your tribe did upon arrival in the area.

That, or they could be built around symbols taken from the ancestral lands - whether it's a heap of burnt Salamander skulls, the bones of slain innocents, or stones taken from the ancestral holy sites....
Back to top Go down
Varrius
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Varrius

Character sheet
Title: The Flamehearted
Primary Domain: Fire

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:53 pm

how abouts the shrines are made from the bones of our fallen foes, and the bodies of fallen warriors are burnt and released into the wind as an offering. Interestingly, though Fire is often seen as destructive, Varrius is going to be seen as a loving and kindly god more interested in the care of his followers than the destruction of his foes - I think i'm going to have my third secondary as Protection rather than war. So more like a mother bear than an angry god you'd usually associate with one dedicated to the flames.
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Fire, passion, smithing, and protection? An interesting mix.

Burning the bodies could certainly symbolise protection and freedom - saving them from decay, from being eaten, etc....
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:52 am

For myself, I've settled on:

Secondaries: Discipline, Oaths, and Planning

Harmony: Control
Balanced: Creation and Transformation
Opposition: Destruction

Resource: Writing (+1 to all Mind tests and conflict, including combat)

Tribe: Settled, with 1 temple and 100 able-bodied adult followers (of whom 15 are scholars, 10 are priests, and 5 are warriors).

Newly arrived in the area: the survivors of refugees from the region of Gohai, fleeing civil strife and slavers. Their deity is an ancestor spirit, who ascended after helping to guide them to (comparative) safety. The people are attempting to adjust to their new home, and to the prospect of attempting to build a civilisation from the ground up. Coming from Gohai they're aware of much of what they've lost, but presently lack the skills to fulfill their dreams.

Hero: Laoshang, the Elucidator of Simplicity.

Location: Central Plains of Lashon. Perhaps directly adjacent to the settled tribe resident at the "meeting point" for local nomads?
Back to top Go down
Varrius
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Varrius

Character sheet
Title: The Flamehearted

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:39 am

Secondaries: Passion, Smithery, and Protection

Harmony: Creation
Balanced: Destruction and Transformation
Opposition: Control

Resource: Forges and Mines

Tribe: Nomadic, with 2 shrines and 100 able-bodied adult followers, 25 who are Warriors (or Flame Guard as they are known) and 5 Priests.

Have recently come here under guidance from their god, a spirit of flame created by the raw emotion of the destruction and capture of much of their tribe. 100 survivors moved north to escape the salamander, newly lead by their transformed tribal chief, Beritt. They are a passionate people, but prone to be accepting and friendly to other humans despite the war plagued past and losses they have suffered.

Hero: Beritt, the Fire Golem

Location: Nomadic, moving around Lashon to wherever the heat is greatest at that time.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:52 pm

Nice! We got two players now lets give everyone a chance to respond. By this sunday everyone who will be playing should have responded to this post. I am hoping we can get the initial introductions and layout out of the way by sunday.

Lets see some more responses in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Grapes
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name: Grapes
Title: The Harvester
Primary Domain: Madness

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:49 am

Just letting you guys know I am registered.

primary doman: madness
secondaries: messages, earthquakes, wine

inclinations: Harmony-control
Balance- Destruction + transformation
counter- creation

season: fall

resources:
100 followers
1 territory, 1 village, 1 shrine, 1 temple

50 Belief, 20/year gain.
0 Terror, 2/year gain

Heroes:
Mad Prophet-
MInd D12, Body D6, Spirit D8

Artifacts:
Hypnotic Wine Cup (when people drink it, they can speak each others language and communicate, even if they don't speak another tongue. It also makes it easier for the Prophet to manipulate through suggestion the more they drink.)
Wine Whip ( The drunker he gets, the more painful the lashes)
Back to top Go down
Grapes
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name: Grapes
Title: The Harvester
Primary Domain: Madness

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:55 am

Grapes Primary Shrine is a large shrine surrounded by lush Vinyards that restore the incredible liver damage his followers sustain since they are rarely allowed to drink water.

The Shrine is only approachable one season of the year, it changes randomly every year and his followers must figure out which season is the right one through trial and error.

If they pick the grapes during one of the 3 incorrect seasons it causes an earthquake.
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:20 am

If you're serious, then that looks like a good way to rapidly become a Leviathan - since you'll probably be burning most of your Belief (what little you have left after making a hero and two artefacts) to generate earthquakes with which to terrify your populace....
Back to top Go down
Peng
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Peng

Character sheet
Name: Peng
Title: Smile-Loving
Primary Domain: Hearth & Home

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:19 am

Secondaries: Birds, Medicine & Prosperity

Harmony: Creation
Balanced: Control and Transformation
Opposition: Destruction

Tribe: The settled tribe who occupy the 'meeting place', now known as Peng's Rest. 100 adults, and one temple.

Peng's Rest is home to the descendants of Salamander Slaves, whose ancient king stopped on his spot and refused to be driven forward. Though whipped, this king - Peng - managed to get ahold of one of the slavers' weapons and kill a surprised slew of them, before being killed himself.

At his death, the slaves revolted and butchered their captors, settling on the spot and entombing their king in a natural outcropping of rock frequented by birds and covered with flowers. They now worship him as the god he is, and his tomb is their temple.

Resource: Agriculture (Well & Crops)

-More to come.-
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:05 pm

As a suggestion: perhaps Peng's escaped slaves merged with a pre-established settled population at the nomads' meeting-place?

That way, Rhadamonthos's tribe and Peng's would be blood-relatives, providing a local 'core' amidst the more recent arrivals.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Peng

Character sheet
Name: Peng
Title: Smile-Loving

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:17 pm

How would Rhadamonthos feel about that? :]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new play by post game   Creating a new play by post game - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creating a new play by post game
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next