Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Solo Gods

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDarkServant
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name: Varrius
Title: The Shining One
Primary Domain: The Sun

Solo Gods Empty
PostSubject: Solo Gods   Solo Gods I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 5:40 am

I have nobody to play this game with other than my little brother.. I'm not sure where this should be posted but still any ideas of what we could do (apart from making friends who like RPGs Very Happy) Usually I play as both Fate and another New God of Mankind, but figure that could be cheating, since I have knowledge of what I have planned already, and i'm not to keen on inviting my sister to play as well.. since she's not the best roeplayer.

At the moment my game seems to consist of me acting (amazingly) and my brother accassionally making a comment or asking one of my NPCs a question Razz
Back to top Go down
Midaea
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Primary Domain:

Solo Gods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Gods   Solo Gods I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 11:57 am

Well, I would be interested in knowing the respective ages of everyone involved, but I do have a few ideas, off the top of my head:

A solo game is pretty easy, but instead of sticking with one New God as an NPC, simply develop a few NPCs who are recurring characters - maybe they're part of the same pantheon, are gods the character can go to for advice, etc.

Secondly, it's always fun to figure out what your players actually like. For example, with my close knit RPG group (consisting of my wife, brother and sister-in-law), the game would be quite different than something involving, say, my daughter.

With your little sister, it might be more rewarding (even for you) to give her a chance, but involving themes that SHE will enjoy. For instance, I have a little D&D game I run for my daughter (and wife), but it focuses on such things as friendships, animals, and the beauty of nature. Of course, there are also villains and such, but they are fitting and appropriate to the setting or theme. Any fantasy-themed Disney or Barbie (like Princess and the Pauper or Mermadia) provides plenty of amazing examples.

Naturally, with more information, I could provide more ideas, but I think you have the necessary tools to get something fun started - you've already got a brother and a sister who are willing to play, so I think you could make the best of it.
Back to top Go down

Solo Gods
Page 1 of 1