Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some questions about rules and products

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Soullos
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Some questions about rules and products Empty
PostSubject: Some questions about rules and products   Some questions about rules and products I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm very new to New Gods and I have a few questions mainly about miracle casting. In the New Gods Generator I noticed in the Conflict section that a force could get a dice size above d12. I have legendary artifacts and noticed the three new tiers of miracle strength, but nothing about conflict die sizes. I'm assuming the conflict die size can only naturally get d12, as per the the core rulebook page 75, but the only way to get the higher die sizes in through miracles? Does this mean the new three tiers for die sizes supersede the rules for die sizes above d12 as detailed in the corebook on page 75 (d20 instead of d12 +1 )?

The cost factor for one conflict duration has me a bit puzzled (page 84). It says that the miracle occurs for the duration of the conflict. So in the example the books gives on the page prior, 5 saboteurs sneak underground and the god casts a miracle to have the ceiling crush them. Would the ceiling only try to crush them only once or would the ceiling continue to try to crush them since the conflict, I'd assume (since there is an instant cost factor), isn't over just yet until all the saboteurs are dead? If it does continue, it seems a little one-sided, the god would win eventually, right? How would one rule that so the saboteurs at least have some chance to survive or escape?

Is the errata included in the core rulebook pdfs? I own the hardcopy and the pdfs of the expansions, so I'm wondering if I should get the corebooks as pdfs too. (I had a question about Bloodfire Territories availability, but it looks to be up for purchase right now. Very handy Smile ).
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about rules and products   Some questions about rules and products I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:52 am

I will try my best to answer you.

Conflict resources above d12 in size are very rare.

It was not addressed due to the rarity of such an animal or being occurring without supernatural aid.

Crag Dragons (on page 98 of Fate's Guidebook) are d12+5

So it would be best to address anything above d12 as being something miracle created.

Yes the d20 is the next logical step from a d12. But you can still add bonuses (up to 1/2 of the dice score) to the d12.

Your second scenario/ paragraph I would rule that the miracle would be instantaneous and not last a conflict. If the god wanted to he could cast it again. The saboteurs have a chance if the god only wishes to cast it once. The rules state it would be all or nothing. Either they all get crushed or they all live. The could pass multiple times as they always get a save. But chances go down if the god wishes to crush them.

But note: A god who uses belief a lot for stuff like this will get his goose cooked by rival gods. This game should be played where there is a constant threat of dangers from many sources. Gods who are idle for several season should kick Fate in the arse for sleeping on the job.

The reason for this is this is a game about gods primarily. Men and their struggles are just a brief moment in time. Men are important for generating belief.

Also the game would slow down a lot if you went into a lot of detail. This should be played at a fast pace.

The game allows for people to spend as much belief as they want. Heck if you wanted to you can go bring down the sun and turn a whole territory into a desert.

Fate/ GMs should allow for this, and allow for the opposite reaction to occur as well.

There is one axiom that applies to many scenarios within the New Gods of Mankind Universe.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

I hope this answers your questions.
Back to top Go down
Soullos
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about rules and products   Some questions about rules and products I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:40 am

Yeah, that answers my main questions nicely. What about the pdfs being updated with the errata? I'm going to be getting them irregardless along with Bloodfire (reading on my Nook Color is so useful!), but it would be nice to know. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about rules and products   Some questions about rules and products I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 8:16 am

I will have a list of erratta soon. Right now very busy on other projects.

I actually plan to get all of the rules and republish them in a condensed version. This will stretch across all five books. Just rules no background. And I plan to make sure things such as Loss of Faith are in there.

Truthfully I want to redo the first two books. But I cannot afford that right now.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
Soullos
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about rules and products   Some questions about rules and products I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:49 pm

Thank you. Smile I look forward to what comes next for New Gods. It's hard to find an RPG where you actually play as a god (Scion kind of counts, but the rules are borked to hell and Nobilis - sorry I like my dice! Very Happy ), so I'm glad I discovered this gem. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about rules and products   Some questions about rules and products I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:09 am

Very Happy Anytime Soullos

Please encourage your friends to play our game.

We will be at Gencon this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about rules and products   Some questions about rules and products I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some questions about rules and products
Page 1 of 1