Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Preview of Legendary Artifacts Book

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Primary Domain:

Preview of Legendary Artifacts Book Empty
PostSubject: Preview of Legendary Artifacts Book   Preview of Legendary Artifacts Book I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:32 am

Hello everyone,

Here is a sneak peek at one of the Legendary Artifacts in the up and coming book, Legendary Artifacts.

Bruin’s Everlasting Mug of Spirits (M’orthin Natull)

Description

M’orthin Natull is an artifact whose sole purpose is to bind spirits within its tankard. The tankard is feared among the Leviathans, gods, demons and spirits. Bruin is often seen drinking from this cup and whispering inside of it. Its shape is that of an enormous tankard tall and round colored in gold and silver, etched in runes. A thick fog emanates from the top of this mug. Inside the cup is another world, filled with darkness, fog and evil shrieks. Several mighty Leviathans are kept in here along with many foul spirits and demons who have wreaked havoc among the gnomes.

Body d30 +15
Spirit d30
Nimbus d30 +15 x3

Miracles

Vortex of Souls

A rushing gust of wind rises up pulling any and all spirits in the nearby vicinity into the top of the tankard. This can effect up to 10,000 spirits per combat. Spirits must roll vs. the Miracle or else be trapped inside M’orthin Natull. Die for this miracle is d20 +10.

Cost 840/420 (Mythical Innovation of Destruction 14, Duration +3, Location +0, Scale +4 Total 7)

Mist of Many Hands

Hundreds of misty hands spring forth from the mug of spirits reaching for the victim. Once the victim defenses are down, the misty hands bring the victim back to the mug to be bound within its tankard walls. This powerful binding miracle is able to ensnare the mightiest of Leviathans. It works well on smaller scale gods as well. Effective die for this miracle is a d30 +15. This miracle assumes hostile territory

Cost 300 (Grandiose Innovation of Destruction 20, Duration +3, Location +2, Scale +0 Total 5)

• Belief

Legends

War of the Leviathans

This account is mentioned in the book Defining the Raw Power of the Gods.

After the capture of the first Leviathan by Baesop, Bruin went forth to consult with this New God about his tactics. Both gods met in the Orchard of Knowledge, Reason and Madness many times before Bruin came to the conclusion on how to devise a trap for a spirit or Leviathan. It is known as a courtesy in gnomish culture to share a drink before a battle between two gnomes commences. Taking advantage of this, Bruin created M’orthin Natull for the sole purpose of tricking Leviathans to share a drink with him.

A mighty Leviathan haunted the lower tunnels of Rhok-Kanmor named Vishhunnoth. Once, this beast was a gnome priest Vishoth who worshipped him. The spirit of the gnome transformed into a horrifying worm beast made of stone, feeding off the terror of gold miners in the mountains. Bruin located this beast after creating this artifact. The gnomish god of gold spoke to the warped spirit “Here Vishoth, you are now my enemy but before we take arms against one another, let us drink as proper gnomes would.”

The beast came forth calmly to Bruin as he held his tankard forward to drink. Once Vishhunnoth came close enough to be visible, the mighty god unleashed his new artifact on the beast. The screams were deafening as the Leviathan was dragged kicking and screaming by misty hands to its fate within the mug.

It is said after its capture, Bruin whispers to it to this day.

Most of what Bruin says is a mystery, but some speculate, the god tells jokes to his captives.

The Demon Host and Bruin

Another chapter in Defining the Raw Power of the Gods outlines an event in the Celestial Gardens. Within the Orchard of Knowledge, Madness and Reason an unusual amount of demons gathered hidden in one of the tree clusters. Bruin happened to be taking a nap during this time, enjoying a bit of knowledge he digested some time ago.

The demons sensing the power of this god quickly set up a trap to ensnare the god upon his awakening. The foolish demons did not know gods had wards upon them at all times. Bruin allowed for the trap to be built as it was a nasty piece of work. It was a fruit tainted with a madness allowing for all spirits to be looked upon as a gnome spirit.

Bruin woke from his nap, hungry for he had a desire to eat another piece of fruit to gain more knowledge on a particular idea. Seeing the bright red fruit right before him in his lap, he cried “Ahh, Fate must have placed this juicy fruit for me to partake of.”

“But before I bite into this fruit I must pour myself a drink.”

Reaching for his famous tankard, Bruin grabbed the cup turning it sideways in his grasp. A mighty wind emanated from his mug pulling all of the demons hidden in this cluster of trees towards it. Screams of anguish and pain rose forth like an orchestra of wails, with piercing notes and bellowing roars.

After the demons were captured, Bruin took the evil fruit of madness in his palm. He said to the tankard “You fools might want something to eat while you stay in my mug. Here is the bitter fruit you offered me before. It might do you good to see all spirits as gnomish ones, for it is much better than dealing with demons.”

With a chuckle, Bruin vanished from the garden.
Back to top Go down
https://darkskullstudios.forumotion.com
DigitalMage
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Primary Domain:

PostSubject: Re: Preview of Legendary Artifacts Book   Preview of Legendary Artifacts Book I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:36 am

d30?????!!!!!! Are you serious? I have been playing RPGs for nearly 18 years and I have never had the need to purchase one of these. I thought d12 was the cap for NGM.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Primary Domain:

PostSubject: Re: Preview of Legendary Artifacts Book   Preview of Legendary Artifacts Book I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 6:20 am

With the Legendary Artifacts book we will put three more tiers of Miracles, Mythical = d20 Grandiose = d30 and Impossible = d100

This is to reflect the power and abilities of the Elder Gods. When we do any books with the elder gods in them, there will be Miracles with these type of stats in them.
Back to top Go down
https://darkskullstudios.forumotion.com
Rhishisikk
Elite Follower
Elite Follower
Rhishisikk

Character sheet
Name: Typhon
Title: Sea Viper
Primary Domain: Sea

PostSubject: Re: Preview of Legendary Artifacts Book   Preview of Legendary Artifacts Book I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 12:51 am

Okay, my math skills have failed me. How do we simulate d30... NM.
Roll d10 and d6. From the d6:
1-2: as d10 roll
3-4: as d10+10
5-6: as d10+20

Sorry, forgot my basic Helltank conversions. Thanks, Steve Jackson, for granting me the skills to cope with wierd dice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preview of Legendary Artifacts Book   Preview of Legendary Artifacts Book I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Preview of Legendary Artifacts Book
Page 1 of 1