Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Artifacts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhishisikk
Elite Follower
Elite Follower
Rhishisikk

Character sheet
Name: Typhon
Title: Sea Viper
Primary Domain: Sea

Artifacts Empty
PostSubject: Artifacts   Artifacts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 11:06 am

I'm less concerned with d100+50 (which I presume is World-Splitter) than with the questions of how artifacts relate to the game.

0) I wouldn't mind if there were a heroes section in here also, although it might be more appropriate to add it to a Worshippers book.

1) Are there 'natural' artifacts? (Items of historical significance that acquire properties linked to their legends?)

2) What happens to an 'eternal' artifact when the deity powering it no longer exists?

3) Can you bang two artifacts together for eternity, or will one of them eventually break?

4) If I hurl an artifact spear at the deity that powered it, can they cancel the effects before it strikes them? Unless the artifact is Eternal, seems like they would be. Side note: Do they have to disempower the artifact permanently, or can they hit some manner of 'off switch'?

5) Is there some way of packaging Belief (shen coins from Zelazny's Lord Demon)? What about 'use once' miracles, or artifacts that have a certain effect only until the mortal does something (the bag of winds from Greek mythology)?

6) The mythology of the selkie/human transformation indicates that modifying things is far easier than making them outright. If my followers find a lost sword, but need food, is there some discount for using the sword as raw materials for making a holy plowshare?

In other words, I'm more interested in the mechanics of artifacts than in statting out every one mentioned in the other books.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

Artifacts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artifacts   Artifacts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 8:48 pm

Hi Rhishiskk,

Those answers will be found in the next book coming out, Legendary Artifacts.

I will post the rules up here after we publish the book in PDF. There are rules for creating Artifacts in the first book, but they do not go into detail like this book.

We can discuss this further in private if you wish.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Rhishisikk
Elite Follower
Elite Follower
Rhishisikk

Character sheet
Name: Typhon
Title: Sea Viper
Primary Domain: Sea

Artifacts Empty
PostSubject: Unfair Advantage   Artifacts I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Nah, I've got no right to take advantage. I'll wait like everyone else... unless I manage to get a game started, which doesn't look likely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Artifacts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artifacts   Artifacts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artifacts
Page 1 of 1