Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Miracles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDarkServant
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name: Varrius
Title: The Shining One
Primary Domain: The Sun

My Miracles Empty
PostSubject: My Miracles   My Miracles I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Cost – 12 (On Neutral Ground)
Type – Significant Transformation Alteration
Effect – Up to 100 Warriors are increased 2 dice in body for the duration of the fight (This is due to the miracle pumping up their muscles and adrenaline)
Scale - Village
Duration - Conflict

Cost – 8 (On Neutral Ground)
Type – Legendary Creation Innovation
Effect – A legendary snowstorm devastates the opposing forces.
Scale – Village
Duration - Conflict

Okay I made these two moracles for my god of winter (sub-domains Warriors, Art and Wolves) what do you think of them, and do they fit in with the rules do you think?#

His in Harmony with Creation, Balanced Transformation and Destruction and Opposed to Control

It's interesting to see how the second miracle costs less but is more powerful, simply because it's in my main domains Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Varchild_Marquee
Hero
Hero
Varchild_Marquee

Character sheet
Name: Valdjag'r
Title: Devil in the Boughs
Primary Domain: Forests

My Miracles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Miracles   My Miracles I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:22 pm

TheDarkServant wrote:
Cost – 12 (On Neutral Ground)
Type – Significant Transformation Alteration
Effect – Up to 100 Warriors are increased 2 dice in body for the duration of the fight (This is due to the miracle pumping up their muscles and adrenaline)
Scale - Village
Duration - Conflict

Cost – 8 (On Neutral Ground)
Type – Legendary Creation Innovation
Effect – A legendary snowstorm devastates the opposing forces.
Scale – Village
Duration - Conflict

Okay I made these two miracles for my god of winter (sub-domains Warriors, Art and Wolves) what do you think of them, and do they fit in with the rules do you think?#

His in Harmony with Creation, Balanced Transformation and Destruction and Opposed to Control

It's interesting to see how the second miracle costs less but is more powerful, simply because it's in my main domains Very Happy

I love it... Personally, in any conflict I prefer to find a method of boosting my own units using my Primary domain, but you have such wonderfully delightful secondaries, I have to agree with your choose to use one of them to reason through the Adrenaline boosting miracle.

On the first one, I'd note that technically up to 900 Warriors is Village scale, of course the book recommends you use common sense and round up when you get large enough. In addition to that, if you were using it on one household unit, suddenly they're a scale larger, an individual would be extremely dangerous. (At least by my understanding of the rules.) If you wanted to reduce the cost of it, you could alter it ever so slightly and work it into a Winter/Creation miracle instead of a Warrior/Transformation miracle. Making only that change to the miracle, and re-writing the effect to reflect it (say, manifesting out of thin air armor that surround the units in a cold wind drawn from the dead of winter) would free up some belief.

On your second miracle however, I don't think the miracle falls under Creation. Yes, you're creating the storm, but the purpose of the storm is to destroy your enemies. Anytime the miracle has destruction as the primary motivation, it's a Destruction miracle, even if it's creating something out of thin air. Now if the storm only hinders, impedes, redirects, or otherwise non-destructively subverts your enemies (hiding your own troops from their sight or blocking a mountain pass to delay their march come to mind) then you can define it as a Creation miracle. It is still an innovation, because it generates a conflict of its own.

In any case, these are very good. Keep throwing out miracles!
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GGuild-UHCL
TheDarkServant
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet

My Miracles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Miracles   My Miracles I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 2:51 am

Thanks for all the positive comments

When thinking of the adrenelin inducing miracle I was just thinking of raging norse berserkers empowered by little more than rage, but I do believe I could armour them in Ice and give them ICy weapons for much less price, if my calculations are correct I could probably create the following miracle for the same god, which cost half as much (I figured creating entirely new armour would be an innovation.

Cost – 6 (On Neutral Ground)
Type – Significant Creation Innovation
Effect – Replaces the armour and weaponry of a small army with cold weaponry for the conflict being fought (increasing 2 body dice)
Scale - Village
Duration - Conflict

At the moment i'm really just testing out possibilities with various gods and miracles. I might design a hero soon too.

So Creation = Making new thinks, Transformation = Altering Physically, Control = Altering Mentally and Detruction = destroying things.. Thats all right isn't it yeah?? and I believe that my second miracle would cost 24 according to those rules, so i'd be alot more sensible to use my followers but I don't really want to take that risk.. I might try a new miracle new which involves the creation of an army of wolves to fight .

Cost – 7 (On Neutral Ground)
Type – Major Creation Innovation
Effect – An army of D10 Body Wolves emerges from the mists to battle the enemies of Varrius, the wolves are almost twice the size of that of normal wolves and have golden eyes.
Scale - Village

Thats good. 7 Belief points to make an army which would not risk my followers
Duration - Conflict
Back to top Go down
tygerr
Elite Follower
Elite Follower

Character sheet
Name: Saya
Title: The Guardian
Primary Domain: Protection

My Miracles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Miracles   My Miracles I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:23 pm

I have a bad habit of playing gods with some sort of animal aspect. My advice: get your followers to tame/domesticate something that falls into one of your domains. Then instruct your elites/heroes to take a critter with them when they go out and about. This lets you create Lassie The Wonder Critter as an Alteration rather than an Innovation, thus saving a bit of Belief.

(I probably shouldn't publicize my Trade Secrets(tm), hmm?)
Back to top Go down
TheDarkServant
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet

My Miracles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Miracles   My Miracles I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 5:42 am

Domesticated Wolves aren't really wolves are they? They're Dogs Very Happy

I think it would be interesting to make a god with an aspect of one of the beasts in the game Kyphaw or Razor Wolf for instance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rmorris
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name: Liriel
Title: The Fair
Primary Domain: Commerce

My Miracles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Miracles   My Miracles I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:14 am

A Warg from Tolkien was a giant intelligent wolf essentially. Perhaps a deity like yours would be interested in breeding Wargs for his people instead of dogs?
Back to top Go down
LordHammington
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name: Kelgarm
Title: The Bronze King
Primary Domain: Fire

My Miracles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Miracles   My Miracles I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:36 pm

I created a god similar to the one stated above and found it very useful to keep natural wolves around intead of making them materialize. In respects to them becoming dogs, in my version they are drawn to my followers and help them out in conflicts but live on the outskirts of camps and dont reallly domesticate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Miracles Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Miracles   My Miracles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Miracles
Page 1 of 1