Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tokens

Go down 
+2
Varchild_Marquee
sdknight
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sdknight
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Tokens   Tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:26 pm

Could someone please define Token. I see it referred to in the main book. Especially under Belief but no definition of how many people etc it is.
Back to top Go down
Varchild_Marquee
Hero
Hero
Varchild_Marquee

Character sheet
Name: Valdjag'r
Title: Devil in the Boughs
Primary Domain: Forests

Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokens   Tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 11:43 pm

sdknight wrote:
Could someone please define Token. I see it referred to in the main book. Especially under Belief but no definition of how many people etc it is.

I can't give you the answer, but I can tell you I don't use the board game rules and Tokens are part of the board game rules.
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GGuild-UHCL
tygerr
Elite Follower
Elite Follower

Character sheet
Name: Saya
Title: The Guardian
Primary Domain: Protection

Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokens   Tokens I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 12:14 am

Most of the time, I think Token refers to 100 worshippers. ISTR a couple instances in which it appears to mean "a unit of whatever scale the current conflict happens to be". If I do remember those latter instances correctly, its definition is context-dependent.

In any event, I think it should be cleaned up in a hypothetical next edition of the game. Don't use the term anywhere outside the Board Game section, and define it clearly in that section.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokens   Tokens I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 9:42 pm

Hi guys,

A token in NGoM is supposed to represent a unit of measurment in a conflict. What the actual scale / amount is determined by the parties in conflict.

For example 10 assassins infiltrate neutral territory to kill of a local tribal leader. They are found in the middle of the village by the tribal warriors. The assassins now fight against the 30 elite warriors of the tribe.

In this case there arefour tokens as the event is a household scale conflict with three tokens for the tribal warriors and 1 for the assasins.

It is also true according to the board game there are red and black tokens to represent armies and the trbe itself occupying a territory.

Here is a quote from chapter 5:

Quote :
Tokens represent a side’s resources. Table #–1 describes how many individuals (or their equivalent) a single token represents. So, when two armies of 800 soldiers each clash, the conflict is village-scale, and each side has eight tokens.

If one side in the conflict is of a different scale than the other(s), the conflict’s scale is the largest possible size. (The smaller-scale side suffers a disadvantage see Steps 2 and 3, below.) Thus, if ten townsfolk gang up on a lone traveler, the conflict is household-scale, even though one side has but a single participant.

Hopefully this helps to clear up the rules a bit farao
Back to top Go down
sdknight
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Tokens   Tokens I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 5:59 am

It does for a bit. My bigger question is that on page 69 discussing followers and belief it says.

Belief is all-important to a God—with it they can tear
down mountains and sway armies to their will. Without it
they are nothing but a memory. Th e most common source
of Belief is the accumulation as the seasons turn, but it can
also gained through victories over adversity, mass sacrifice,
or other means. Th e maximum Belief a God can have is
equal to 100 Belief for each token they control: no method
can increase their total beyond this.

What size is this token?
Back to top Go down
Nedako
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Nedako

Character sheet
Name: Xion
Title: Prime Magician of Dark Transformations
Primary Domain: Oblivion

Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokens   Tokens I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 10:11 am

I believe the token in this instance is a village scale token of 100 followers apiece...I also remember reading somewhere in the book that the most beliefe you could have was equal to the number of followers you had, which is why fallen gods had such a hard time getting back on thier feet...
Back to top Go down
tygerr
Elite Follower
Elite Follower

Character sheet
Name: Saya
Title: The Guardian
Primary Domain: Protection

Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokens   Tokens I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:53 pm

I interpret that the same way Nedako does. Basically it's an indirect way of saying "1 Belief point per follower".
Back to top Go down
forsaken1111
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokens   Tokens I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 3:30 am

tygerr wrote:
I interpret that the same way Nedako does. Basically it's an indirect way of saying "1 Belief point per follower".

Or, more specifically, 100 belief for every 100 followers. A subtle difference, but 198 followers is still a maximum of 100 belief according to the rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokens   Tokens I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tokens
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Skull Studios :: New Gods of Mankind :: Rules Discussion-
Jump to: