Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Making New Followers - Disads

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhishisikk
Elite Follower
Elite Follower
Rhishisikk

Character sheet
Name: Typhon
Title: Sea Viper
Primary Domain: Sea

Making New Followers - Disads Empty
PostSubject: Making New Followers - Disads   Making New Followers - Disads I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 9:02 am

Okay, why not just make followers out of animals, and let them breed faster than humans?

1) Without access to human souls, the populace will produce more demon-possessed people.
2) They'll want to worship a deity born of their species.
3) Once they provide more than half the faith, THEY become the dominant worshippers, and begin rewriting your Primary and Secondary domains to suit their religious needs.
4) Civil War between the 'true' people and the human populace.
5) Fate might take notice of all those souls springing into a rapidly growing race.
6) Take a look at Watership Down; bunnies compete for resources. Other animals will have their own ways of doing so.
7) As the animals destroy the ecology around them, the humans will have no food source except the animals.
Cool The strain the young ones put on society leads to abominable mortality rates, leading to a crisis of faith - or enough miracles to make the new race Dependant.
9) The animals divide themselves into tribes, each requiring its own set of upkeep miracles.

Kargore loves you, and moves his worshippers in to enjoy the hunt.

There must be some reason why the Elder Gods haven't done this, and why human deities don't. The point of this thread is to point out disadvantages of 'Uplifting' animals to worshipping ability. Feel free to start another thread if you want to discuss another aspect of this issue.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

PostSubject: Re: Making New Followers - Disads   Making New Followers - Disads I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 9:45 am

Honestly this belongs in the other forum for rules. I will move the thread later.

But for now,

If you want to make bunnies or locust or anything else into a race you can. But you have to bring them up to human standards. In my opinion as a GM it will take YEARS, maybe even CENTURIES to truly develop their own society enough to not have to be so dependent on your constant barrage of miracles.

Just because you create them does not mean they have a soul. They have to experience life first. My point in another thread is that only Adults (male and female) are counted as worshippers not children. This brand new race would be like children.

Also you would have to prove again and again to these animal people you are their creator. They might resent that.

So many many factors.

As a GM I would let you slowly do something like this over a very long campaign. But steps would have to be taken to prove this. And they need a spirit score of at least d6.
And I would also say double the belief requirements.

IMO if you want to turn your people into Rat people you can. But they start off as humans and turn to Rat MEN . Not the other way around as you would have to let them develop, experience life and actually get souls. This would take awhile. And who knows if Fate will let you upset the natural order like this? Or any other rival god?

Too much work that way.

Yes it is called New Gods of Mankind as you need sentient followers of adult age who have experienced life and believe in you!
Back to top Go down
Haois
Follower
Follower

Character sheet
Name: Haois
Title: Overlord of Light
Primary Domain: Virtue

PostSubject: Re: Making New Followers - Disads   Making New Followers - Disads I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Fate wrote:
Honestly this belongs in the other forum for rules. I will move the thread later.

But for now,

If you want to make bunnies or locust or anything else into a race you can. But you have to bring them up to human standards. In my opinion as a GM it will take YEARS, maybe even CENTURIES to truly develop their own society enough to not have to be so dependent on your constant barrage of miracles.

Just because you create them does not mean they have a soul. They have to experience life first. My point in another thread is that only Adults (male and female) are counted as worshippers not children. This brand new race would be like children.

Also you would have to prove again and again to these animal people you are their creator. They might resent that.

So many many factors.

As a GM I would let you slowly do something like this over a very long campaign. But steps would have to be taken to prove this. And they need a spirit score of at least d6.
And I would also say double the belief requirements.

IMO if you want to turn your people into Rat people you can. But they start off as humans and turn to Rat MEN . Not the other way around as you would have to let them develop, experience life and actually get souls. This would take awhile. And who knows if Fate will let you upset the natural order like this? Or any other rival god?

Too much work that way.

Yes it is called New Gods of Mankind as you need sentient followers of adult age who have experienced life and believe in you!

Thats interesting you say that. The last part that they have to experience life first. What if say I were to have them experience all of life, let them die then, if they want, resurrect them in new adult bodies so that they would at that time become worshipers?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Primary Domain:

PostSubject: Re: Making New Followers - Disads   Making New Followers - Disads I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:44 pm

Haois,

Technically you can do this.

But you have to understand anything you do in game has consequences.

Much like dropping a box of large rocks into someone swimming pool, you can do it, but the owners and people who swim there will get pissed off.

That much belief being used will stir the pond up.

I left the game open ended for this fact. If you want to push the pedal to the metal go for it.

But a GM/ Fate should know what type of reaction will happen.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction........somewhere somehow.
Back to top Go down
https://darkskullstudios.forumotion.com
rmorris
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name: Liriel
Title: The Fair
Primary Domain: Commerce

PostSubject: Re: Making New Followers - Disads   Making New Followers - Disads I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:00 am

Don't forget that Charlto Heston was against uplifting Apes. He was in a series of movies about how bas an idea. Smile I am also not sure that C H as Moses would have approved either!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making New Followers - Disads   Making New Followers - Disads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making New Followers - Disads
Page 1 of 1