Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Review of 4th Ed D&D

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

Review of 4th Ed D&D Empty
PostSubject: Review of 4th Ed D&D   Review of 4th Ed D&D I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:06 pm

Not a complete review IMO, but it will work for now IMO.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35776

Let me know your thoughts.

I am anxious to get ahold of the rules. It sounds like World of Warcraft made for D&D.
Back to top Go down
Rhishisikk
Elite Follower
Elite Follower
Rhishisikk

Character sheet
Name: Typhon
Title: Sea Viper
Primary Domain: Sea

Review of 4th Ed D&D Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of 4th Ed D&D   Review of 4th Ed D&D I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 1:20 am

It's all well and good to say the game's improved. I'll hold my horses until I see it with my own eyes.

I will NEVER weep over the loss of: Ranger, Paladin, Druid, or Monk. These should have been package plug-ins for other classes, not classes themselves. Eventually, the players wore me down over 'paladins should be a prestige class', but again, the 'class' system has always grated against me.

I enjoy what I've read about 4E; it inspires me with hope and the need to curse WotC for not even offering me an NDA. But that's just it - I've READ about it, not seen/played it.

And for the record, I still use flavor text from 1st edition. Nothing surprises PCs more than a simple gellatinous horror with re-named FX. 'When did Jubilex get Slime Demons?' And the Abyssal Troll that regenerates when hit with fire is always a hoot.

Oh, and a friend (CJ Tipton) who plays a lot of different games says the 4Ed DnD is looking a lot like Earthdawn. I'd like to see a Dawnforge/Iron Heroes combo, with the magic system from BESM, but I'm perfectly able to breed that monster myself.
Back to top Go down

Review of 4th Ed D&D
Page 1 of 1