Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Celestial Gardens Art

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeSlucher
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
JoeSlucher

Celestial Gardens Art Empty
PostSubject: Celestial Gardens Art   Celestial Gardens Art I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:00 pm

I thought I'd share some of the amazing artwork we were able to bring together for this book.
Mark Facey
Celestial Gardens Art 1_8pooloflostthoughts

Celestial Gardens Art 2_8treeofdark

Celestial Gardens Art 5_9nestofexpulsion

Celestial Gardens Art 6_5riverofideals

Celestial Gardens Art 6_7mountainofmajesty

Alan Lathwell
Celestial Gardens Art 1_14fi_yazsh

Celestial Gardens Art 7_11vizghul

Stanley Morrison
Celestial Gardens Art 6_9lustful

Pat Loboyko
Celestial Gardens Art Loboyko

Joe Slucher (this one appeared in black and white but was actually done in color as shown here)

Celestial Gardens Art Seeingpoolsmall
Back to top Go down
http://www.joeslucher.com
JoeSlucher
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
JoeSlucher

PostSubject: Re: Celestial Gardens Art   Celestial Gardens Art I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:07 pm

Couple More
Michael Jaecks
Celestial Gardens Art Grapplers

Pat Loboyko

Celestial Gardens Art Destruction

Celestial Gardens Art Nimbus

Alan Lathwell

Celestial Gardens Art Zhamaz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: The Art   Celestial Gardens Art I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 6:41 pm

The art is nice bit after looking at them all they all look to same....to digital for my taste
Back to top Go down
JoeSlucher
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
JoeSlucher

PostSubject: Re: Celestial Gardens Art   Celestial Gardens Art I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:25 pm

Angelwings-Sorry to hear that. I love traditional art too. Unfortunately artists who can paint this well require higher fees since it takes longer than digital art. In this day and age, people have grown pretty comfortable with digital art (look at White Wolf, there's barely a traditional piece to be seen) so we chose to go with higher quality digital art rather than lower end traditional art. It's a trade-off that we hope the majority of our readers will be happy with. Perhaps in the future if budget increases, we can find more skilled traditional artists.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

PostSubject: Re: Celestial Gardens Art   Celestial Gardens Art I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 7:00 am

Personally I think the artwork totally rocks!

But I am biased alien Wink farao
Back to top Go down
JoeSlucher
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
JoeSlucher

PostSubject: Re: Celestial Gardens Art   Celestial Gardens Art I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 2:41 pm

Good news Angelwings! We'll no longer be commissioning the illustrated stone chapter headers so our budget will now be higher for the quarter-page images! I'll see if I can use that extra budget to find some talented traditional artists to add to our roster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: that is to bad   Celestial Gardens Art I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 7:45 pm

I am sorry to hear that you are getting rid of the stone heads.... that was one thing that made all three of the books look beautiful..... are you also getting rid of the logo because it goes along with the feel of the stone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I am   Celestial Gardens Art I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 7:48 pm

I am actually friends with Bradley McDevitt and his wife and that was one of the reasons that I bought the books.... I am sorry to say that if you get rid of the stone heads you also loose my business along with quite a few of my friends that were getting ready to buy the books
Back to top Go down
forsaken1111
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Celestial Gardens Art   Celestial Gardens Art I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:22 am

angelwings wrote:
I am actually friends with Bradley McDevitt and his wife and that was one of the reasons that I bought the books.... I am sorry to say that if you get rid of the stone heads you also loose my business along with quite a few of my friends that were getting ready to buy the books

If you're honestly refusing to buy a quality product just because they don't include a certain artistic theme for chapter headers, that's a bit ridiculous. Its your choice, obviously, but I think its in very poor taste.

As for the art, this stuff is amazing. Some of it really evokes a sense of creativity and wonder.
Back to top Go down
JoeSlucher
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
JoeSlucher

PostSubject: Re: Celestial Gardens Art   Celestial Gardens Art I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:15 am

Forsaken, no need to address angelwings. This wasn't a "friend" of the McDevitts. It was a disgruntled former employee. They've apologized off of the forums and everything is good now.
Back to top Go down
forsaken1111
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Celestial Gardens Art   Celestial Gardens Art I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:33 pm

JoeSlucher wrote:
Forsaken, no need to address angelwings. This wasn't a "friend" of the McDevitts. It was a disgruntled former employee. They've apologized off of the forums and everything is good now.

Ahh, well... good to know. Sorry about that then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celestial Gardens Art   Celestial Gardens Art I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celestial Gardens Art
Page 1 of 1