Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roll Call!

Go down 
+6
Khorne
Ember
Haois
Ga-Li
Rhishisikk
Nedako
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Nedako
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Nedako

Character sheet
Name: Xion
Title: Prime Magician of Dark Transformations
Primary Domain: Oblivion

Roll Call! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

*In best drill sergeant voice* "Hey all you players out there... I KNOW YOUR OUT THERE!!!!

And since I know your out there, I want you all to come out of the wood work already and state your name and business!!! I want you to tell me about your deity, his domains, his inclinations, his form of government and his commandments. I want to know if he is human stock, demon stock or even a spontaneous force of nature... though if he IS spontaneous, I want to know how he came into existence... What kind of economic system do you prescribe to? (hunter/gatherer, trader, farmer etc.) And anything else you want to elaborate on. If your deity has a secret, PM me. I reserve the right to say HELL NO, to some domains so as to maintain game balance, or because there is NO WAY IN HELL, some domains would exist back in the bronze age.

now, FALL IN!!!"
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Nedako
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Nedako

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Sorry about that guys, I had a case of the plague and its kind of hard to start a game when you can't get out of bed, or even see straight for that matter. that being the case, I have no map for you guys (yet) but it will be drawn and uloaded sometime soon even if i have to draw it in blood.

Hopefully game will start later today or saturday at the very latest, I'm just trying to get a start worthy of my wonderful and patient players.

and thank you for your faith in me Ember.

P.S. we are still accepting players, we have two slots left.
Back to top Go down
Ga-Li
Follower
Follower
Ga-Li

Character sheet
Name: Ga-Li
Title: The Lady of Mist, The Holy Diver
Primary Domain: Weather

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:58 pm

Okay, just for the sake of a final roll call before we start...

Ga-Li, The Lady of Mist
Weather goddess, sub-domains of Knowledge, Innovation, and Fresh Water.
Boats and fishing resources.
Back to top Go down
Ember
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Ember

Character sheet
Name: Ember
Title: Lord of the Flame
Primary Domain: Fire

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Nedako wrote:

and thank you for your faith in me Ember.

Your welcome!
Back to top Go down
Grimdono
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Grimdono

Character sheet
Name: Kovoth Tal
Title: The Frostlord, One-Eyed Kovoth
Primary Domain: Cold

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Nedako wrote:

So I might be able to get in on this?
Back to top Go down
Haois
Follower
Follower

Character sheet
Name: Haois
Title: Overlord of Light
Primary Domain: Virtue

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:57 pm

Grimdono wrote:
Nedako wrote:

So I might be able to get in on this?

yup ^^ congrats! You friend have just run into the most dysfunctional pantheon that is even screwier than the Greek or Roman! Smile Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Grimdono
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Grimdono

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:28 am

Oohoohoo~

So... I guess my main question is, since my God that I made the Sheet for appears to be a bit... er... far from the islands... should I make one specifically for this game? ^^;
Back to top Go down
Ga-Li
Follower
Follower
Ga-Li

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:52 am

Oh I don't know, I'm sure we can retcon some frost caves under the island. Caves are like natural air conditioning, so even on a tropical island an ice god could fit in.

Last edited by Ga-Li on Sun May 08, 2011 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grimdono
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Grimdono

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:11 am

Hmm... If that's the case, I'll come up with some major followers and such. Like the tribe's high priest and such.
Back to top Go down
Ga-Li
Follower
Follower
Ga-Li

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Might as well discribe our tribe's leader. For most of us, they will be the one we talk to our people through.

Anyone want to go first?
Back to top Go down
Haois
Follower
Follower

Character sheet
Name: Haois
Title: Overlord of Light
Primary Domain: Virtue

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Of course if the pantheon is coming together we'll have to slightly split territories before putting pantheons together. Might just go with making a giant crystal fort for my followers Smile .

One of the tribe leaders of my own. Resaberus, is becoming wizened and elderly even with his great power, but my new born heroic chief, Hyacinth, with rumors pertaining him to be my son (Which might not be as entirely untrue, no comment) is becoming the most popular with his ability to become a a solid crystal warrior, blast light rays from his hands and gaining power and friendship of the forest itself.
Back to top Go down
Ga-Li
Follower
Follower
Ga-Li

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Okay, so you've got a hero, nice. Be sure to calculate belief for that.

My village elder, Noka-Ma, fits the role of the wise woman, dispite only being 40 or so. When people aren't sure what to do, they talk to her. She was the one who actually made Ga-Li a goddess when she was young, through a prayer for help. She wears a mask that is smooth and rounded in shape, and carries a fishing trident made from the bones of a dangerous deep water fish as her badge of office. Nobody in the village is sure if they have any special abilities.

She has two assistants, Ma-Ku, and Ha-Li, her right and left hands in the village. They deliver messages, run errends, help keep the two village shrines clean, and so on.
Back to top Go down
Grimdono
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Grimdono

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Athveti, who can be best described as the tribe's "chief", is a mason, the son of masons, and at one time the tribe's greatest warrior. Athveti has a son, Tepnaru, who he's grooming to become chief. In the meantime, Athveti has taken on the duties of speaking for the tribe. He's also the one most likely to be turned into the tribe's champion by Kovoth Tal. Athveti's a graying man with massive muscles and more scars than common sense. Age, about 45 to 50.

His chief advisor is the High Priest Uvelath, a wispy little man with only the scars required by reaching manhood and baldness. Age, over 50. Uvelath is wise, but frail.

Last edited by Grimdono on Mon May 09, 2011 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Age ranges need to make sense ^^;)
Back to top Go down
Khorne
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name: Khorne
Title: Lord of Blood
Primary Domain: Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:48 am

Goroboros! The Gorger! An inhumanly fat old war hero. Not much of worth now that he is the size of a large boulder but he is still in my favor because of his desire to fight. He commands my armies to some very tactical standards of how to use blunt force. He also has a very good taste for blood which he gorges on when he needs to. His very desire is for blood and serving Khorne!

Then theres the war hero Vretch, my most destructive and deviant weapon made from pure metal and chaos. Bathed in blood from being warped when he was melted in his armor. Seeing I didn't want him to die I decided this was a perfect time to make him.... A little more solid.
Back to top Go down
Ga-Li
Follower
Follower
Ga-Li

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Okay, Sunday at last! I've got two new last minute commandments to add before we start.

Take at least a few minutes each day to meditate and reflect.

Do not disturb your goddess while she is meditating, unless it is an emergency.
Back to top Go down
Ga-Li
Follower
Follower
Ga-Li

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 11:40 pm

Well, Sunday's over. Should we go ahead and look at the Plains of Lashon map then?
Back to top Go down
rmorris
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name: Liriel
Title: The Fair
Primary Domain: Commerce

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 3:15 am

Is there still a spot open for another player? I am in RPG withdrawal for the last couple of years and could use a good game Smile If there is room I can whip up a deity in a day. I have 38 years experience and plenty of concepts I have never had a chance to inflict I mean play in a game Smile
Back to top Go down
Ga-Li
Follower
Follower
Ga-Li

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 3:24 am

You're in luck, I think we have one slot left.
Back to top Go down
rmorris
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name: Liriel
Title: The Fair
Primary Domain: Commerce

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 3:46 am

I have a quickie character sheet on my profile for Liriel the Fair, a God of Commerce with secondaries in Roads, Oaths and Protection. I am trying to make a very different char from the VTT char I have made. All of my domains and my starting Trade resource are straight out of the basic rulebook. My followers need more fleshing out though.
Back to top Go down
Ga-Li
Follower
Follower
Ga-Li

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:10 am

Cool, you'll likely be fairly safe from any other player actions. If we fight you, our entire economy colapses if you play it smart.
Back to top Go down
Nedako
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Nedako

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:05 am

I have returned and am typing up the intro, welcome my two new players!

A frost god is perfectly acceptable, no reason you can't modify the environment for yourself. and rmorris, I don't have a problem with your diety, but remember that this is an unsettled tropical island that doesn't have much contact with the outside world and what that means to a god of commerce and roads...

If you have created heroes, please stat them out and pay the cost for them, PM me the stats and miracle calculations.

Also, as this is bronze age time period, if anybody lives over the age of 40-50 they are considered extremely old...
Back to top Go down
Grimdono
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Grimdono

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:24 am

Ah, right. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Ga-Li
Follower
Follower
Ga-Li

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Can't wait. I had forgotten about the life expectancy thing, I'd better de-age my leader to 25. Don't want her dying on me too soon.

I posted what currency I use, widgets, in an earlier post. Anyone else have special currency, or are you just using the barter system?
Back to top Go down
Grimdono
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Grimdono

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Kovoth's followers currently barter, but currency of any kind would be something they'd lap up like a cat.
Back to top Go down
Ga-Li
Follower
Follower
Ga-Li

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:15 am

Well, I'll repost so you won't have to dig through the past posts for it.

Currency system: The village usually uses a barter system. However, as certain goods became more, or less valueable over time, they started using a semi-common seashell native to the area, shaped like gears, complete with hole in the center. They are called Widgets, and larger and higher quality ones are worth more. They are decided to have value due to just how darn USEFUL they are, used to make moving parts for almost everything in the village. The record for the largest Widget ever found is the size of a large serving platter, currently installed in the village gates, and was found by Ma-Ku, elder Noka-Ma's left hand, on a diving trip.
Back to top Go down
Nedako
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Nedako

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:52 pm

I must have missed that post previously, but you do NOT have movie parts foranything at this point, especially since you took fishing and boats as a resource. I don't mind you having widgets, but you don't have gears of anysort at this point in history. Beyond that, seashells would not be strong enough to withstand that kind of wear and tear.

I don't mind you having the shells as a kind of currency, but races from other islands would look at you like you were stupid as gold and silver would be the only currency they valued... though more practical tribes would wonder what the use of a soft shiny metal would be and why on earth those armored invaders would think it so important.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roll Call!   Roll Call! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roll Call!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next