Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Territories & stuff

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tzenker
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Territories & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Territories & stuff   Territories & stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 6:52 am

I'm finally getting a group together, but it turns out my players want to function as a pantheon. Furthermore, they'd like to have their followers start in the same town.
It seems to me that the territory would very quickly become (possibly even start out as) overpopulated. How would I deal with that in a relatively canon manner?

Stuffr:
I noticed a trick mentioned on the forums: Transfer mortals to your cozy home and turn them into heroes, then drop them back into the material world, thus only paying for the journey and the maintenance. Even though the rules possibly prevent mortals from going to such planes.
There does seem to be a disconnect there, but I actually like the idea. It has happened in some mythologies, after all. However, it also made me consider a house rule: Bringing a mortal into your realm and empowering him/her forces you to take the Eternal limitation.
Mythology example: In Norse mythology, Thor brings two human children to Asgard to act as his servants. One or both are always with him from that point and become pretty important. The boy even managed to save him twice in the same legend: Thor was dueling a jotun of immense power and a massive giant. Thor and the jotun were equally matched, but the boy managed to trick the jotun so Thor could defeat it even though the god was knocked unconscious in the process. He then managed to kill the giant (that wanted to put Thor down for good now that he was out cold).
Anyhow, it seems to me that the mortals became irreplaceable and intertwined with Thor's mythos after he brought them to his realm. The same could hold true in New Gods in general.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Primary Domain:

Territories & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Territories & stuff   Territories & stuff I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:17 am

This is up to the GM.

Bringing mortals to the realm of the gods living can be tricky.

It is technically allowed.

But Fate (GM) should caution the god about exposing a mortal to the god's home.

The mortal might get a foolish idea (like becoming a god).

Fate does not like mortals to visit beyond the realm of the living.

But it does happen.
Back to top Go down
https://darkskullstudios.forumotion.com

Territories & stuff
Page 1 of 1