Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:49 am

First topic message reminder :

The Central Plains of Lashon breathed a sigh of relief after the scorching hot days of summer passed. Plants that were considered near dust sprung back to life. Showers from the western coast came in to cool off the burning grasslands of the area. Fogbottom Basin lived up to its name with a thick shroud of fog emanating from its depths to creep along the nearest lands at night. Humans living in this region prepared to sow their seeds, for fall were a season of planting. Autumn was here along with its gifts and curses.

From the mists of Fogbottom basin figures marched in a shuffling mass of bodies. Warriors of the Venerable Preceptor report ten hands worth of strange clay men marching toward their small village. The congregation of mud men is marching slowly towards the territory. Soft moans and childish laughter can be heard on the winds as the small mass of creatures gets closer to the shallow flood plain.

Villagers of the mad god called Grapes looked up from their afternoon planting of grape seeds and drinking of last year’s wine to notice two wagons pulled by strange lizard looking creatures rolling down the windy canyon road that leads into their domain. Crimson robed figures with eyes that shine like diamonds drive the cart towards the collection of huts, tents and lean-tos. The wagons slow down and the gnomes prepare to disembark from their seats.

As autumn approached, the Flamehearted tribe moved from their summer home to their winter encampment near the northern tribes they get along with. As they marched north, tribal warriors on the western flank notice several herds of Lashon beast, some with riders, some in strange colors and patterns unlike a normal Lashon beast. The herd and riders look to cross paths with the people of Varrius.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Grapes
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name: Grapes
Title: The Harvester
Primary Domain: Madness

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:34 am

Grapes is paying little attention to the newcomers, cackling wildly and slaying squirrels with much gusto, his followers in a drunken rampage.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:48 am

As the sunset started in the west, the Lion Tamers of Haois approached the tribe of Varrius and the Lashon Riders.

The scene was unruly as a god strode forth through the brushes and small tress in the area chasing after rodents. His followers were right behind him making sure to skirt the wagon train of Varrius' tribe and the Lashon riders but ever intent on their goal.

A small pack of three squirrels run toward the approaching Lion Tamers. Several of Grape's warriors, drunk on their god's wine gave chase.

The Lashon plain riders turn to the followers of Varrius and state "Thank you for standing with us. If it was not for you and your lunatic friends who chase rodents we would be the guts on the ground not the worms."

The followers of Brasgol prepare to leave the site cleaning their weapons and picking up their wounded.

((OOC I will leave it up to you Haois and Grapes to play out the next scene where grape's followers chase the squirrels into the middle of the Lion Tamers.))
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:53 am

The followers of the Venerable Perceptor give thanks in prayer and study at the wooden temple in the small village while the evening sun sets.

During this time one of the villagers spots a small flying shape in the sky. It sails into The Greybeard's territory with wounded wings. The sylph, armed with small daggers and a full leather suit crashes at the end of the village in his territory.

The sylph speaks" I wish to convey a message to the god who owns this territory. If someone can summon him for me I would be glad to speak quickly and be on my way."
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet
Name: Venerable Preceptor (Moh Tzu)
Title: The Greybeard
Primary Domain: Knowledge

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:17 am

After pensively eyeing the lion for a few moments, fingers curled around the lower part of his long beard, the Venerable Preceptor nods slowly.

"Very well. I think that I can make available some of the hides. We should be able to welcome your people with a feast, as well."

Turning his attention to the lands of his worshippers, the Preceptor focuses once more upon his impromptu army. Banishing the majority of the animal horde back to whence they came (so that they may be hunted in future), he directs towards the Temple of the First Lesson a portion of those creatures considered edible or whose hides are suitable for tanning.

Laoshang, he warns directly of the incoming animals, so that people might be gathered to prepare the swarm of docile animals for feast and use - and hopefully restore at least a little of the Belief expended upon assembling the horde.

As a result, and fortunately for his reputation for anticipating the unexpected, the Elucidator is already on his way to gather the people to start work when the Sylph is spotted, and duly arrives within moments to peer curiously at the wounded representative of the Elder race.

"I am my lord's representative - but if your words can only be spoken in his presence, I can request that he appear."

((OOC: If required, the Venerable Preceptor will blow 1 Belief to turn up in person. It'd just be nice to save it, if the Sylph's willing to speak to a Hero. Wink ))
Back to top Go down
Haois
Follower
Follower

Character sheet
Name: Haois
Title: Overlord of Light
Primary Domain: Virtue

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:08 am

As the Lion Tamers approached the scene they could scarcely believe their eyes as strange men began scurrying after rodents and fierce looking warriors were covered in gore of a fight between some unknown beast.

Resaberus had quickly got off his steed and approached the Lashon Riders seeing that they seemed to be people to talk to of what had occurred.

He looked at them with a disappointed look seeing that they were not wild Lashon as they had hoped but he approached regardless.

"Greetings friend," he said "What has happened here?" he said in the politest tone "Is there any help you need?"

======================================================

"Your wisdom is exceeded only by your kindness." The Lion or the Lioness purred.

She looked about as if searching for something invisible in the air "My master will be pleased to hear of this charity and will gladly have his followers befriend yours" she murred.

She watched his territory and the situation that was going on "I shall not interfere with your business." she stated then did a acrobatic back flip in midair changing from an anthromorph to a regular mountain lion like that of a lycan.

"May we meet again Knowledge Bearer and may our peace be eternal" she said "My master is indeed eager to meet you" and with that she dashed off into the unknown to the other realm of her Overlord.

======================================================

Haois had then closed his eyes and took to a meditative state as if sleeping.

Alonia had then approached him she sat in a similar throne as his she looked over at him curiously then looked down.

"It seems the Lashon was a wild goose chase" she said "What will you do now?" she asked.

He opened his eyes and smiled "Already taken care of" he said "for now is the time of the virtue of Patience." he said then closed his eyes again to relax.
Back to top Go down
Grapes
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Grapes halts his followers just before they trample the newcomers, arms full of squirrel corpses.

Eyeing them suspiciously, grapes hugs his bounty closely. "It was a trap, a trap I tell you! These little infidels must have set the whole thing up, yes!" *he holds up the squirrels* "They are devious fiends! FIENDS!"

Grapes turns to his followers and speaks in a slow, melodramatic voice. "We have won the battle, my loyal comrades, but not the war. Not yet."

And to the others "If you hear word of any more of these dastardly rodents, send a messenger promptly, I implore you! Wine Warriors, walk this way!"

And with that, Grapes begins skipping merrily back toward his village, cackling maniacally while his gigantic incarnation shakes the earth with every stride. The Wine Warriors chase after him in like fashion.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 5:57 am

The sylph lands with a small limp as his foot seems to be injured near the temple of the First Lesson. The cloths on the sylph seem to be in tatters with markings and welts showing across the leathery wings, arms and legs. Only his face seems to be spared.

With a thick nasaly voice with a slight stutter, the sylph speaks again "Greetings, to whom a-am I ad-ad-ressing? Hopefully a-a representative of the local diety here.

I must tell you some news of importance from my lady, the Dragon Goddess of the Melting Ore, Moorhanos. Expect treachery, from those who would call themselves allies.

Before I go on, may I please ha-ave some refreshments? I a-am tired and need to slake my thirst."
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 6:05 am

One of the Lashon rider faces the newcomers, a stern man tall and muscular with a bald head and thick shaggy beard. Frinthian and Naalgrom features mix together in this person with almond shaped eyes, strong jaw and hairy features.

"We thank you for the offer strangers but the danger has passed. The tribe of the flamehearts and the wine warriors with thier champion helped to destroy the worms. Since it is dusk we would camp here and make fire. We plan to make a feast and an altar to sacrifice the worm meat to our god. We would welcome you and the wine warriors to our feast.

Sadly the tribe we ran into is leaving. For some reason they must make tracks at night. Curious indeed.

Wine warriors of drunken splendor! Where do you go now? Please come to our fire! Drink and feast with us for our god Brasgol will come soon! My name is Faaethen, please make yourself welcome!"

Beer and Wine skins are unholstered from the huge beasts and prepared for the nightly feast. Some of the warriors have gone forth with long knives to get the meat from the worm.

Back to top Go down
Grapes
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm

At the mention of free drinks, Grapes' regiment does something of an about face and charges back to the camp in a cloud of dust.
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Bowing to the sylph, Laoshang hastily orders forward some of his people to deliver refreshments for the messenger.

"My name is Laoshang, and I am indeed a representative of my god, the Venerable Preceptor. Do you need replacement garb? We cannot offer luxury, but you are welcome to something if it would help you....

May I ask why you have brought this message to us? We are not aware of any prior dealings with your mistress...."
Back to top Go down
Haois
Follower
Follower

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:42 pm

Resaberus shown a sigh of small disappointment but nodded "We may go with you but we must go alert our tribe." he said he got on his mount with the others. "May we meet again till then, farewell." he said with the other lion tamers then left. He took a look at his crystal necklace quietly and saw a strange twinkle he realized there was more to this than what he would find here. He ordered his men to still prepare they're weapons for he knew the hunt was not over, not while Haois was still his lord.

[[[ooc: Okay is Venerable Perceptor sending his animals to my tribe? or is he giving it to his followers to slaughter and give to my villagers?]]]
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:39 am

((OOC: He's offered a feast and some of the hides, should your people turn up.))
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:08 am

The sylph cleared his throat and began speaking with some authority along with his stutter " We understand you ha-ave not met our grea-at goddess Laoshang but she does know there a-are ma-any tribes like yours who ha-ave not met her. We wa-ant to spread the word to all who-o would listen.

It has come to our at-ttention that a-a-a group of travelling gnomes who pretend to be merchants are spreading false rumors a-a-abroad.

The Dragon Goddess of the Melting Ore would pay handsomely for any information on the whearabouts of such ruffia-a-ns.

Not all salamanders a-are interested in sla-avery and wa-arfa-are. We wish to share our knowledge in exchange for services rendered.

We c-can discuss thit further if you wish. But she must know who-os side your tribe is on.

For if you a-are not with us, you are a-against us.

Thank you for the wine Laoshang. May I-I spend the night here?"

After the end of the question, the sylph folds his wings down and looks towards the direction of Laoshang but not right at him averting his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 2:17 am

One of the Lashon riders of Brasgol turns to Resaberus and his Lion Tamers and states "Your riders and you are welcome back here any time. We plan to stay here for three days as our tribe catches up."

The feast starts after twilight fades.

A crecent moon comes up slowly in the fading purple night sky.

A huge bonfire crackles with life. Worshippers of Brasgol filter in throughout the night with herds and herds of Lashon, numbering in the thousands gather around the large bondfire. Many tribesmen dance and sing songs through the night. Wine and beer flow freely. Worm meat is passed around the fire as a sacrament.

((OOC: Any tribe that stays or comes back during the night will now have a new Ally Brasgol. I will introduce him if needed but note he was there as a normal tribesman during the feasts. Only a god could see this as his presence is miraculous.

I would like to wrap this day up after the next couple of statements. We need to advance the plot forward.

I still need to tally up belief spent.))
Back to top Go down
Grapes
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:15 pm

After the Sylphs speech, the incarnation of Grapes begins to sniff the air like an animal. "What's that smell? Wine Warriors, follow yerr nose!"

The drunken followers all begin sniffing around the camp until Grapes stops at the Sylph and belches, "I knew it! It'sh the stench of complete bullshit!"

The monstrous incarnation almost stumbles over drunk as he points a stone finger at the Sylph. " Anyone who appreciatesh thish shwill Laosheng calls wine is mosht def'nately a deceitful liar!"

He pauses to drink deeply from Laoshang's wine and seemingly passes out drunk, snoring a deep earthy rumble.

His followers ceremoniously increase their drinking until they are all lying in a pile of drunken bliss around their deity.
Back to top Go down
Venerable Preceptor
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Venerable Preceptor

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:50 am

"Gnomes? I believe that I once saw a gnome in my youth, but that was far from here", Laoshang says, clearly rather surprised.

"As for rest - you are certainly welcome to recuperate here if you wish. We are happy to play host to travellers from afar.

We would ask that you favour us with tales of your journeys, however - we would be glad to hear of the things you have seen and the stories you have heard."

-----

The feast itself is not exactly a masterpiece of the cullinary arts. The Preceptor's people are not, in origin, natives of the wilder lands, and their mastery of the options provided by the landscape is rather limited.

Thanks to their deity's intervention, however, they do have a great deal of meat to provide, from quite a variety of animals. As a result, barbecued, broiled, boiled, basted, and plain old roasted meats are available, seasoned with an array of (at times somewhat experimental) herbal mixtures.

The alcohol, too, is rather experimental in nature - mostly being a matter of simple fermentation. None of it should make anyone go blind, at least....
Back to top Go down
Haois
Follower
Follower

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:02 am

Haois had decided to pay his followers a visit and had come down to meet with them in his form as an avatar. He had come down as a flash of lightning, just as Resaberus and the lion tamers came riding in. The followers had all bowed before they're overlord but then he had raised his hand as a gesture that they should arise. "We shall prepare a feast and celebrate with the new allies of our tribe and they're god of the virtue of knowledge who had needed my services and wished to reward us." the followers all began to talk amongst themselves in amazement wanting to hear more but they were quiet "Resaberus you shall give an invitation to the other two tribes if they are not already heading they're we shall meet you at the location." He nodded "Yes my lord". Haois continued "Now let us prepare for this auspicious occasion. Before such the Crystalight began to sing praises of they're overlord "All hail Haois! Overlord of Light! Liberator! Friend of Nature! Our lord!" after such they began to do they're task and after wards began to march to the location to where the tribe would be. Resaberus went to the followers of Brasgol to ask if they would come and waited for they're response. Haois had went back into the heavens and rested upon his throne. "Well" he said "that went well"

d12 household scale winged avatar being of pure virtue and light? Head of a Lion and armed with a flaming sword with wings.

Virtuous Avatar of Haois
Legendary Innovation of Creation
Base Cost: 8 (Legendary) Duration (+1) Conflict Domain: (-2)/ Inclination (-1) Scale (+2) Village
Total Cost: CT (Cool NT(16) HT (32)

This avatar represents every virtue you have. It fights as a d12 on a village scale reducing the mudmen from a d6 to a 1 for body. This miracle would wipe the floor with them.
You can reduce it to a d10 and save some belief (Base Cost would be 7 and a Major Innovation of Creation) This would cost 14 belief and be much cheaper.
In essence you have created a living virtue able to wipe out enemies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay   Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Campaign Year One, The Season of Autumn's Decay
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3