Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dueling for Domains

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Postmodern Deity
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Postmodern Deity

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Primary Domain:

Dueling for Domains Empty
PostSubject: Dueling for Domains   Dueling for Domains I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:13 pm

Does anyone here have any ideas about how to duel for additional Secondary Domains or maybe even scoring a new Primary Domain? I'm specifically thinking about contests between deities for titles and domains.
Back to top Go down
forsaken1111
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Dueling for Domains   Dueling for Domains I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 3:56 am

Postmodern Deity wrote:
Does anyone here have any ideas about how to duel for additional Secondary Domains or maybe even scoring a new Primary Domain? I'm specifically thinking about contests between deities for titles and domains.

As far as I can tell, your domains are what areas of power your followers associate you with. Perhaps a formal contest with another diety (with appropriate belief loss/gain) staged in front of a lot of followers and using the domain in question would do it?

I would be leery of changing/gaining/losing primary domains as they are your main area of power, and should be a central theme to your god.
Back to top Go down
Postmodern Deity
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Postmodern Deity

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Primary Domain:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling for Domains   Dueling for Domains I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:02 pm

forsaken1111 wrote:
Postmodern Deity wrote:

As far as I can tell, your domains are what areas of power your followers associate you with. Perhaps a formal contest with another diety (with appropriate belief loss/gain) staged in front of a lot of followers and using the domain in question would do it?

I would be leery of changing/gaining/losing primary domains as they are your main area of power, and should be a central theme to your god.

I was only curious because I'm still plotting a modern gods campaign setting, and I would like to add some spice between conflicts involving gods expanding to become a God of All.
Back to top Go down
forsaken1111
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Dueling for Domains   Dueling for Domains I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:30 pm

Well as far as I can tell, from the rules, your domains are defined by what your people believe more than any innate ability on your part. Whatever they associate you with, you gain power over as it is their belief which sustains you.

That said, a formal contest between you and another god (or even a fight to the 'death') using the domain over which you are fighting exclusivly would be interesting. For example, if you're fighting over the War domain perhaps a small wargame, winner gets the domain added to his portfolio.
Back to top Go down
Postmodern Deity
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Postmodern Deity

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Primary Domain:

PostSubject: Re: Dueling for Domains   Dueling for Domains I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:57 pm

The idea is to put forth the possibility of a "God of All", except none of the PCs or NPC God characters would start out that way. It would be something that happens over the course of the game, if it happened at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dueling for Domains   Dueling for Domains I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dueling for Domains
Page 1 of 1