Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning Empty
PostSubject: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:13 am

Fate walked around the Maze of Reflection again letting its mind wander where it will. In the guise of a hooded priest or traveler it hovered over each stone with not a word.

A small spirit approached Fate and tugged on its robe.

The nymph spirit beautifully feminine, naked speaks “You must address this matter of concern. There is a high loss in the well of souls and this can mean only one thing.”

Fate turned instantly changing into the guise of an angelic being shining bright, androgynous with mighty wings stating in a booming voice “I KNOW OF THIS EVENT, IT WILL BE DEALTH WITH. THE INVITATIONS HAVE BEEN SENT.” An echo of this statement travels around The Celestial Gardens.

The nymph cringed to the ground barely looking up at the radiant might of the being known as Fate.

In the heavenly abode of each god within this campaign a small bird made of pure light enters. Its shape is that of a dove or pigeon with a yellow glow emanating from the center of the form. The bird moves toward the god and dissipates when it draws near into a shower of golden sparks.

From the sparks a message is spoken in a language known only to the gods, a language made of scents, emotions and the occasional sound and spark of light. This language given to each god by Fate is the languages which formed the universe. It is the language of creation.

The message states “An erroneous event has occurred within your area of influence in the known world. I wish your participation in correcting this fault. Come to the Courtyard where I rest and you were made a god.”
Afterwards the message fades leaving the smell of cinnamon and cloves along with a green light which fades.
Back to top Go down
Nedako
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Nedako

Character sheet
Name: Xion
Title: Prime Magician of Dark Transformations
Primary Domain: Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 4:31 pm

(Not sure if we reply here, or in the celestial garden... so if this is the wrong place, I'll move it.)

Watching the speck of light streak through his domain of snow and darkness, I prepare to obiterate the intruder. However, before I can bring my powers to bear, the dove bursts into a shower of sparks, leaving me with a message no mortal could hope to decifer. “An erroneous event has occurred within your area of influence in the known world. I wish your participation in correcting this fault. Come to the Courtyard where I rest and you were made a god.” A darkling Aproaches its dark master, its antena wiggling around in curiosity. " I must go to fates courtyard for a little while. Make sure that the others behave while I am gone. I do not wish to find this place in ruines when I get back." My voice echoing through the snow covered landscape and my loyal darkling bobs its head in compliance. Gathering my darkness around me, I walk to the edge of my domain and surround myself in darkness, preparing the form I would wish to see fate in. When the darkness fades, all that remains is a cloack covered in silver points reminiscient of stars, lined with gold. the form under the cloakc was just a set of glowing eyes and billowing darkness occasionally shot through with purple and blue lightning. " I will be back when I can, Hopefully this won't take to much time." And with those last words, he steps out of his domain and apears in Fates Courtyard.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 9:57 pm

OOC: (This is the right place to post. I will wait for everyone to post before moving on with the plot.)
Back to top Go down
Nedako
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Nedako

Character sheet
Name: Xion
Title: Prime Magician of Dark Transformations
Primary Domain: Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 10:15 pm

(ok, I look forward to it ^.^)
Back to top Go down
tygerr
Elite Follower
Elite Follower

Character sheet
Name: Saya
Title: The Guardian
Primary Domain: Protection

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:21 am

Upon receiving Fate's message, I summon Satu, the senior of my spirit servitors, to my presence.

"Something is amiss in the mortal realm. I must go, and learn more of this threat. Until my return, I place this realm and the spirits within it under your protection. Remain in safety until then."

As I walk toward the Ivory Gates, I quickly scan the protective walls encircling my realm. All appears in order. My spear and shield fly to my hands as I pass through the gate, on my way to the Courtyard of Fate.

"Saya the Guardian has arrived, O Cloaked One--what would you have of me?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:42 am

The small bird of light enters the mountain of obsidian where Foresh the trickster holds his heavenly court.

After the message is played, Foresh leans back in his chair, feet proped up on a golden table surrounded by his closest followers. Wearing his mortal guise of tattered black cloths which surround him Foresh pulles down his mouth cloth and stares at his right hand man once a well known thief, thug and racketeer known as Korthos.

"Take control of this realm while I am gone. I do want those souls tortured again in the tar pits as I normally do. If they are not tortured properly I will know."

After this comment, Foresh transforms into a black panther and stalks out of the mountain to meet Fate.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: In the Courtyard of Fate: Fate's Pavillion   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 12:40 pm

Another sunset sky of washed colors, muffled sounds and whispering spirits parade around the Pavilion of Fate.

Fate in the guise of a robed priest of some ancient religion sits atop of the simple golden throne in the middle of the pavilion, arms rested, and waiting.

One by one the gods appear on the white marble platform. A black panther lands on its paws looking around for a brief moment at the spirits awaiting Fate.

Another god appears, a silhouette of silver lined stars, glowing eyes and roiling darkness with cracks of lightning running through.

One god stands forward with spear and shield at hand.

Seven more gods appear out of nowhere to land on the pavilion.

One god is a great feathery plumed bird with every color known to man in its plumage. The eyes are very intelligent and shine brighter than any jewel.

A very tall humanoid god with green roots and branches growing all around the body to cover any traces of humanity stands there with a simple staff. A moss covered beard grows from what can be called a face with most of the arms and legs apparent.

From a column in the pavilion a spark floats forward near the group. Slowly this spark forms into a ball of light. It speaks “I am here Fate to discuss my territory."

A powerful youthful looking male with full black beard, long hair, broad shoulders and a simple fishing spear strides forth from the nothingness. "Speak Fate, for I have little time for this banter."

Great wings beat the ground where an enormous dragon with mottled brown scales the colors of old bark appears. "Tukonos is here to represent the interest of the Dragon Gods of the great race of Salamanders."

Next to the dragon a heavily gold bearded gnome made of light brown rock appears. The gnomish god materializes small at first, then grows larger to the size of the dragon. In the hands of this golden god, a misty mug covered in runes appears. A big smile stretches across his face as he announces "I am here, let the fun begin Fate! Is anyone up for a game of chance?"

The final representative, not necessarily a god, but an elder spirit, which looks much like a youthful wood nymph shows up. "We are all here, this meeting should commence."

A large wall made of white marble springs forth from the ground to surround the pavilion. As the sunset’s light fades, Fate’s own throne radiates its own light. But no light is really needed here as the gods gather to discuss issues.

Last edited by Fate on Tue May 13, 2008 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 7:49 am

A sudden muted pause takes place for a brief second in the pavillion. Then the gods begin to talk among themselves as Fate remains silent.

(OOC: You guys can make comments here to the NPCs directly or discreetly before Fate addresses the audience of the gods.)
Back to top Go down
tygerr
Elite Follower
Elite Follower

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:17 am

Saya glances over the assemblage and raises one eyebrow.

"More than I'd expected. While I know some of you," (he nods toward Foresh and Xion) "and of course the Elder Gods require no introduction, being known to all at least by reputation," (he nods more deeply, dipping his forelegs in a respectful if shallow bow toward the representatives of the gnome and salamander pantheons and the nymph spirit) "I am not acquainted with the rest of you." (Saya sweeps his gaze across the remaining four deities.)

"It would seem introductions are in order. As one of the newer and thus less-known of our number perhaps I should take it on myself to begin."

"I am called Saya the Guardian, of the New Gods. My specialty is Protection--thus I have an interest in correcting this 'fault' Fate has alerted us to, before harm befalls the fragile mortals who entrust me with their safety."

"I offer this introduction freely, in a spirit of cooperation during what appears to be the beginning of a challenging time. In that same spirit, I desire to know those who share this challenge with me...?"
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:49 pm

The floating ball of light moves toward Saya. It hovers near him and changes to a dull orange color.

"I am known as Osisal the wandering light. My tribe of over 200 followers live in the northern west portion of the Celestial Lakes just north of the west celestial lake we call mystic lake. It is good to find someone else as agreeable. Few other gods who surround us are."

The bearded youth raises his voice towards the ball of light "You should not be conversing with strange gods Osisal! They might come and take your territory away! Who knows what strange and barbaric practices they might bring to our followers." After this statement, a fierce glare is cast from the spear carrying youth towards Saya, Xion, Foresh and the other two gods.

The other two New Gods remain silent.
Back to top Go down
Varchild_Marquee
Hero
Hero
Varchild_Marquee

Character sheet
Name: Valdjag'r
Title: Devil in the Boughs
Primary Domain: Forests

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 10:30 pm

(ooc: I apologize for my failure to attend. Real life interrupted my free time.)

(ooc: Playing catch up: ...)

Wary of the intruding bird from which I seem unable to hide, I leap and strike. As the message bursts forth in my claws and fangs, I spit, and then shake my head. "What? Oh! Yes, I must attend this meet." Digging my claws into the walls of the cavern, I climb to the surface, muscles rippling with demonic strength.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Arriving behind the others, I keep out of the immediate meeting, taking shelter near the edge of the garden. Hearing Saya make his introduction, I slowly stride forward, peaking the crown of white feathers over my ears and smiling.

Passing Saya at a distance, I walk toward the bearded youth. "By my eyes, you're the strange one." Stopping well outside of stabbing distance I stare at the youth a moment, but turn away and move toward Osisa. "Osisa, I am Valdjag'r. Also called Devil in the Boughs. The Xy'caerii are small, but resourceful. We will be of help to you and your people if you need us. Can we count on the same from you and yours?"
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GGuild-UHCL
tygerr
Elite Follower
Elite Follower

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 12:51 am

"I have heard it said that one may learn much of another's character by how he perceives others. Have you heard this as well, Valdjag'r?" Saya glances toward the belligerant youth and shrugs. "Ah, well, it is of little account, I'm sure."

"Hail, Lightbringer, and well-met! May trouble cast its shadow far from you and yours, and the light of your passage bring wisdom and prosperity to your people. I am sure we will work well together in that which is about to be revealed."
Back to top Go down
Varchild_Marquee
Hero
Hero
Varchild_Marquee

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 5:25 am

I hear no such thing, Saya. My experiences are those of my own senses. His voice is stressed, his muscles tense and his scent reeks of an anxious desire. It is the very edge of fight or flight I sense on him. What do we call this... youth? Even for his appearance I sense he is more aged than we. Turning to address the youthful spear-bearer again, I ask, You honestly believe Fate would expose you or your people to gods coveting them? Our human faithful are too meager to entice the elder gods, and we serve best to unite in an alliance to benefit whatever problem Fate has assembled us to face. But by all means, distrust us. My predatory urges excite at the scent you excrete when suspicious of us. I'm torn between calling you prey or my equal.

With a sudden shift of composure and a casual relaxation of the crests of feathers standing behind my long, pointed ears, I cross my hands atop each other at the base of my abdomen. But no matter... youth. Predator or prey, this is Fate's domain. So I will abate my instincts for the remainder of the discourse.

With a whirl of hair trailing behind, I bound to the side of Saya and Osisa. I shall see to it that the forests and jungles are safer havens for whatever task is to be undertaken. I am no god of protection, but I have ways of defending my own, and my allies would benefit from their presence. I ask only for my faithful to be included in territorial discourse and trade agreements, though what they have to offer you will have to send agents to discuss with them. They are trappers, hunters, and falconers by trade. Perhaps they will have pelts and meat. I don't often listen to prayers of praise after a hunt gone well; its hunts that go poorly I hear about. Fortunately not many of those.

I turn and address all those gathered. My holy feasts are coming and my people are preparing a vast banquet. Delegates sent to discuss alliance and trade will be hospitably welcomed in these days. If you have agents in less than a moon's travel, have them assemble at Saya's village and I will send trappers to navigate the party past the network of traps protecting the Xy'caerii. Your delegates may dine and talk without participating in my rites. I have no desire to offend or convert any of your followers, and mine will be informed of this.

I glance with a smile to Saya. You don't mind, I hope. You seem eager to ally, and you have delegates among my people at present. A single staging ground is more advantageous to delegations than many, don't you agree?
Back to top Go down
tygerr
Elite Follower
Elite Follower

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 11:09 am

"Meeting in my territory might get a bit...wet. Xion or Foresh might be better, both for having adequate nearby dry land, and of course for reaching the meeting place on foot for any who prefer that mode of travel. But I have no objection in principle."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 12:26 pm

Foresh strolls up to the youthful god in his black panther guise. The form chosen blends well to the ground, much like a shadow.

"Surley you must jest, no one would dream of hurting such an auspicious being or his followers? Can your idle threats come from your own experiences of conquest and glory? What you consider barbaric might be more enlightened than your own ideas of civilization."
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 12:49 pm

The youthful god with his bronze fishing spear glares at Varchild. In a strong almost shouting voice he replies "Who is the one here with claws and fangs and who is a true representative of their children? It is not you oh demonic monstrosity or you black panther.

I am known as Dorn, master of the hunt, kingfisher of the Mystic Lake, uniter of the people called Navenaa.

We hunt, fish and trade with the city folk from Laanad. We have progressed and now use bronze spear tips and bronze fishing hooks.

Someday we will create our own city. But for now we must find others who share our dream. Osisal is one of these who shares this desire.

If you dare come at us, you will be prey
."

Osisal shines in his luminous form from Dorn to Varchild, Saya and Foresh. He turns bright yellow and speaks to Saya " I would be more than happy to discuss this further after the meeting in private somewhere in the Celestial Gardens." Shining a bit more to Varchild he states "For now I can say we will think about attending your feast o god of the Xy'caerii. Now let us turn to events at hand. Oh Fate what do you have in store for us?"
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 12:51 pm

(OOC One more reply for you guys before Fate goes into his diatribe and states the reason you guys were brought here. Very Happy Good RP so far.)
Back to top Go down
tygerr
Elite Follower
Elite Follower

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 7:22 pm

"I would be pleased to meet with you, Osisal, once we know more of what Fate has in store for us. It is a pleasure to hear a voice of reason and civility amongst us too-often fractious and paranoid younger gods." Saya addresses the tree-god and the colorful bird. "I regret that the xenophobic outburst of Dorn the Impetuous has prevented us from getting to know one another at this time. I trust we will have the opportunity to rectify this unfortunate turn of events sometime soon?"

To the representatives of the Elder Gods: "I regret exposing your eminences to this embarrassing display on the part of some among the younger gods. I do hope you will resist the understandable temptation to judge all of us by the ill-conceived actions of a few. Or *one*...."

"But I agree with Osisal the Lightbearer. Fate surely had something more in mind for this summons than watching us squabble--perhaps we should hear what It has to say."
Back to top Go down
Varchild_Marquee
Hero
Hero
Varchild_Marquee

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:24 am

Chuckling throughout Dom's outburst, Valdjag'r grows silent as his people are threatened. The feathered crests smooth back over his head like a wolf's ears before the strike. Holding his ground but bearing his fangs to Dom, he snarls, I know well what you represent, Dom! I was not made a god after only a day of demonic existence. I honed my knowledge of mankind over decades of being considered prey by the same humans you represent. After all the years of evading their spears, traps and blades, as well as Fate's grapplers and divine agents sent to strip me of my freedom, I earned the respect of a small few of them. Those few expanded my power and influence and I became the thing they have chosen to epitomize. As you are what your followers wish to believe they can become. Do not fool yourself with false pride in being more human than I or Foresh. You are only as great as your people believe you to be. Bring upon them hardship in lieu of glory and your own power will wane. Simple advice, Kingfisher. Take it or leave it. My divinity may be a new development, but my experiences dealing with gods like you are untold.

Shaking like a wet animal, Valdjag'r composes himself, Forgive my outburst. No one threatens my people. I... I care about them, odd as that may sound coming from a demon. They call to me like children to a father. I am all they have in the world. Surely Dom can relate, though I doubt he would admit to something he would surely view as frailty. His speech became a mumble for but a moment to add, Let him face a cornered vixen protecting her kits and see how frail he finds her.

He cast his eyes upon the throng observing his unfortunate outburst. Casting his eyes to the stones beneath him and sinking to all fours like a beast he spoke again. Osisa, Elders, fellow Gods of Men, I beseech you to forgive this meager god. Baited to fury, he has been blinded to the purpose of this meet. I do humbly apologize.

Fate, please, speak to the reason for this assembly that I may be distracted from the fire coursing though my brain and breast! Or else direct it at some more apt target, perhaps to prove my worth before the disapproving eyes of others. Slowly he raised his eyes to meet the shrouded figure. Drawing slow deep breaths to further calm himself he waited for Fate to share what knowledge he had for the assembled gods.

(OOC: I know I've switched to third person out of previous first person posts. I felt it was best I match the rest of the players in using a more dissociative voice.)

Last edited by Varchild_Marquee on Wed May 21, 2008 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had a formatting error that would have made it very confusing...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning   First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Season of Autumn, Kathonian Campaign The Beginning
Page 1 of 1