Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Altered Spirit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhishisikk
Elite Follower
Elite Follower
Rhishisikk

Character sheet
Name: Typhon
Title: Sea Viper
Primary Domain: Sea

Altered Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Altered Spirit   Altered Spirit I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 2:01 pm

If a deity wins a conflict in which the dice type and scale of their follower's spirit is altered, do they gain Belief based upon the original size and spirit of their followers, or the altered one?

The home rule we went with was the original (permanent) values, but thought we'd get the official ruling for the next time it happens.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

Altered Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Altered Spirit   Altered Spirit I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 8:22 am

Rhishisikk,

I would say you are correct. If it was based off of the altered values it would be wrong as they are temporary values. Even if the change was permanent humans and other sentient beings get to roll vs. the miracle once a year if it was a forced change.
Back to top Go down
forsaken1111
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Altered Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Altered Spirit   Altered Spirit I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 3:46 am

If the spirit value was altered with a permanent miracle would you then use that value in conflicts, so long as you kept paying the upkeep?
Back to top Go down
TheDarkServant
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name: Varrius
Title: The Shining One
Primary Domain: The Sun

Altered Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Altered Spirit   Altered Spirit I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 4:00 am

forsaken1111 wrote:
If the spirit value was altered with a permanent miracle would you then use that value in conflicts, so long as you kept paying the upkeep?

Yes, yes you would.
Back to top Go down
forsaken1111
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Altered Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Altered Spirit   Altered Spirit I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:50 pm

TheDarkServant wrote:
forsaken1111 wrote:

Yes, yes you would.

Nice. That might be a worthwhile miracle to throw out just before some major conflicts.
Back to top Go down
forsaken1111
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Altered Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Altered Spirit   Altered Spirit I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:08 pm

TheDarkServant wrote:
forsaken1111 wrote:

Yes, yes you would.

Sorry to double post, but something was brought up to me and I'm curious about it.

Say I lay on my people a permanent miracle to increase their spirit scores to d10, and I keep it up for an entire generation. Would that change pass on to the children and become inherent in the people, breeding true as a deeply spiritual people with a strong connection to the spirit world?
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

Altered Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Altered Spirit   Altered Spirit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:36 am

This would be a GM call, but I would say the next generation and from then on would be a D8 spirit instead of the D 10 mainly for one reason.

1. The second generation, unless they walk with their god directly could never match the spirit of their fathers in faith. Their fathers walked with their god. If their children do not then it would reduce. Even though you spend the points on a generation's worth of spirit, having that high of a spirit score is supernatural.

In order to keep the D 10 for the second generation I would say the god does not have to spend the full miracle amount, but make his presence felt (ie. a ghostly visage every holy season, small miracles such as rain when needed and so forth, just listen to your follower Smile That would translate to at least 1 belief extra on top of the miracle costs per year to keep the followers believing (upkeep).

I hope this answer helps.

Richard Leon

Owner
Back to top Go down
forsaken1111
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Altered Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Altered Spirit   Altered Spirit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:42 pm

It does help, thank you.

I'm just glad someone other than me posted on the forums, tbh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Altered Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Altered Spirit   Altered Spirit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Altered Spirit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Skull Studios :: New Gods of Mankind :: Rules Discussion-
Jump to: