Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dark Jungle - Roll Call

Go down 
+3
Nedako
Varchild_Marquee
Rhishisikk
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhishisikk
Elite Follower
Elite Follower
Rhishisikk

Character sheet
Name: Typhon
Title: Sea Viper
Primary Domain: Sea

Dark Jungle - Roll Call Empty
PostSubject: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:21 pm

Fate is busy, and has asked me to begin my PBP campaign. This thread is for posting your introduction, since I cannot read your character sheets. Background and home rules will be posted in seperate threads.
Back to top Go down
Varchild_Marquee
Hero
Hero
Varchild_Marquee

Character sheet
Name: Valdjag'r
Title: Devil in the Boughs
Primary Domain: Forests

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 9:18 pm

You can't read other's character sheets? I can read yours. Not here on the page, but when I go to your profile it is at the bottom of the profile page, just like my own is. Or at least what information you put there is there.

FYI, I don't want my sheet made private, I want people to see my character sheet. I think it's a cool addition to the profile on the site. Plus it provides a lovely reference point for people looking for neat miracle ideas not listed in the books. I will introduce myself a little later. For now consider this my announcement of being "Present and accounted for, Sir!"
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GGuild-UHCL
Rhishisikk
Elite Follower
Elite Follower
Rhishisikk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 6:13 pm

Dang. Okay, I *can* read other's character sheets, but y'all still need to post here. I'll see what I can glean from Varchild's sheet and post the arrival of the first tribe, then.
Back to top Go down
Nedako
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Nedako

Character sheet
Name: Xion
Title: Prime Magician of Dark Transformations
Primary Domain: Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 6:58 pm

Ello govner, I hope to play in the play by post as well...I'm just having trouble thinking of a good tech advantage for my people that relate to my domains...
Back to top Go down
Rhishisikk
Elite Follower
Elite Follower
Rhishisikk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 7:09 pm

Hm, with Alchemists and Ninjas, perhaps poison is called for? Whatever your decision, welcome to the game.
Back to top Go down
Nedako
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Nedako

Character sheet
Name: Xion
Title: Prime Magician of Dark Transformations
Primary Domain: Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 7:24 pm

thanks, and I think I will go with a knowledge of poisons and other such things...
Back to top Go down
Varchild_Marquee
Hero
Hero
Varchild_Marquee

Character sheet

PostSubject: Valdjag'r   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 11:14 pm

Name : Valdjag'r

Title : Devil in the Boughs

Primary Domain : Forests

Secondary Domain : Birds, Hunting, Mischief

Inclinations : Harmony: Creation Balance: Control Balance: Transformation Opposition: Destruction

Current Belief : 50

Territory : Rainforest near Central Lake

Total Followers : 100

Elite Followers : 16% Falconers, B d6, M d6, S d8 7%: Hunters, B d8, M d6, S d6 7% Trap-makers, B d6, M d8, S d6

Favorite Miracles : Leafy Defenders (Piles of leaves from the forest floor take humanoid form and fight in combat. Body D4) Trivial Innovation (BC: 4) Domain: Forests (-2) Duration: Conflict (+1) Inclination: Creation (Harmony -1) Location: Typically in Controlled Territory (+0) Scale: Village (+2) Total: +0 Miracle Cost: 4 Belief

Lose the Trail (The forest itself seems to shift and change preventing enemies from finding my people's village. Creates a Mind Confllict, vs. d6.) Minor Innovation (BC: 5) Domain: Mischief (-1) Duration: Conflict (+1) Inclination: Creation (Harmony -1) Location: Typically in Controlled Territory (+0) Scale: Village (+2) Total: +1 Miracle Cost: 5 Belief

Natural Predators (Increases the prowess of my hunters making them more deadly in combat. Increases Body Dice two steps.) Significant Alteration (BC: 4) Domain: Hunting (-1) Duration: Conflict (+1) Inclination: Transformation (Balance +0) Location: Typically in Controlled Territory (+0) Scale: Household (+1) Total: +1 Miracle Cost: 4 Belief

Bird Messenger (Sends a bird to provide a message to my followers from me. Grants the bird the power of speech.) Trivial Innovation (BC: 4) Domain: Birds (-1) Duration: Instant (+0) Inclination: Creation (Harmony -1) Location: Typically in Controlled Territory (+0) Scale: Individual (+0) Total: +0 Miracle Cost: 4 Belief

Active Miracles : None yet...

Commandments : These laws does Valdjag'r, Devil in the Boughs, hand down among his faithful. Know them, live them, and thou shall be blessed among mankind.
I. Thy dress shall match the colors of the trees.
II. Thou shalt call the birds thy brothers.
III. Thou shalt make no home upon the ground, but among the leaves or beneath the roots thou shall thrive.
IV. Thou shall not hold the proud or vane in high esteem, and shall teach humility to any such fools.
V. Thou shall pay thy respects as winter changes to spring.

Celestial Realm/ Favorite Season : The border between Winter and Spring

Description/ Appearance : Valdjag'r resides at the border of Winter and Spring. His realm is a dense forest of flowering trees and abundant wildlife, predators and prey. Every sunrise the bare limbs burst forth full of sapling green leaves and brilliant blossoms of color, every night the blossoms close and the leaves fall as a dusting of snow fills the branches. A lone hollow tree that continues to thrive in the center of the forest is his home. It is bigger and taller than all the other trees but has no flowers when it buds each day. Its leaves never wither in the snow and are always a dark, almost black, green. Its hollow extends from the sturdy branches and to sink deep into the ground, to a cavern supported by the roots of the majestic old tree. The floor of the cave is littered with animal bones and padded with hide. A throne of elk horns, bones and furs sits in a shaft of light from overhead, and a pile of soft white furs serves as a bed.

Valdjag'r himself is of only moderate height, maybe five feet at most. His head is covered by a combination of hair and feathers, long and white. The feathers stand in a crest over both ears, and his hair trails down his back in a thick curtain. His chest and stomach is coated in a covering of white downy feathers that disappear at his waist. His eyes are an emerald green, and his skin is a bronzed tan color. White tufts of fur cover the tops of his shoulders and back in a triangular-shaped patch down to the base of a thick, soft, bushy, white tail at the top of his buttocks. His face is human, but his ears are long and pointed, like horns of flesh. He wears very little beyond a maxtlatl of a green that matches his tree's leaves and a pair of light brown, fur, knee-high moccasins decorated with feathers from a variety of different birds.

He spends most of his time in the treetops of his realm when he is not busy observing his people through their own eyes. Knowing his people is important for him. Only through understanding the human animals, can he protect them better from themselves. After all, some tricks are harder to teach to your pets than others.

When he wishes to appear before his people without them knowing, he likes to appear as an owl or raven, or if not a bird of some sort, an old trapper in fur cloaks and clothing. Under these typical guises he is known to spy on his followers without notice.
Back to top Go down
tygerr
Elite Follower
Elite Follower

Character sheet
Name: Saya
Title: The Guardian
Primary Domain: Protection

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:50 am

*facepalm*

I go away for a bit, and of course THAT's when it all starts. Consider me present and accounted for--I'll get my character sheet better-populated later today when I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
tygerr
Elite Follower
Elite Follower

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:46 pm

Okay, character sheet filled in (more or less). I don't have "favorite miracles" yet, but then I tend to create them "on the fly" anyway.

I'm more concerned that as yet I don't have any Commandments. I keep looking at "God of Protection" and getting stuck on 'Thou Shalt Not Run With Scissors'. Which is a useless commandment in a society with no scissors....
Back to top Go down
tygerr
Elite Follower
Elite Follower

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:53 pm

Oh, I didn't specify a starting location. I'm looking for a patch of high and dry ground big enough to build a village on, surrounded by marsh/swamp. Close to Nedako and Varchild's peoples would be good, if that can be arranged.

Technological advance: I'd like to negotiate with you regarding that. Obviously something protection-related, but I don't know what's going to turn out to be trivial/common on the one hand vs TOO advanced on the other.

I'm currently thinking either 1) armor and shields, or 2) stone-wall architecture (walled town, fort, etc). (Obviously the armor/shields would be made of leather/wood/bone/etc., not metal. See the description of my PC deity for an example of what I'm envisioning.) Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Rhishisikk
Elite Follower
Elite Follower
Rhishisikk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 7:16 am

Both shields and earth-wall architecture are acceptible improvements. Given your concern over food, you may want slash-and-burn agriculture or gardening, if you feel those are appropriate to your aspects.

[start edit]
OR basic rice, considering your environment. I have to emphasize it is NOT native to the area, but nothing says your people can't have dragged in seeds.
[/edit]
Back to top Go down
Bill Cumberland
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Bill Cumberland

Character sheet
Name: Nocturn
Title: The Ancient one of Mystery
Primary Domain: Moon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 5:26 pm

Nocturn appears as a cat eyed man wearing a hooded black cloak anda silver mask carrying a silver headed cane.He represents the moon and is said to rule dreams, scouts and cartographers. Autumn is his time.Black and silver are his colors. His gift to his followers is that of maps allowing more co-ordinated attacks.He is said to encourage curiosity which is part of why he is known as the Ancient Lord of Mystery
Back to top Go down
Varchild_Marquee
Hero
Hero
Varchild_Marquee

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:07 pm

Welcome, Noctum. Hope to meet your people soon. Wink Twisted Evil What a Face
Back to top Go down
tygerr
Elite Follower
Elite Follower

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:36 am

It occurs to me that I never did "close the loop" on my people's tech improvement. I think I'll go with the shields. (The stereotypical "Hollywood spear-chucking jungle savage" hide-over-wood-frame shield with convex sides and pointed top and bottom, like a Zulu warrior's shield, I presume?)
Back to top Go down
Rhishisikk
Elite Follower
Elite Follower
Rhishisikk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:01 pm

I have no problems with a Zulu style shield. That said, I don't understand too much about shields other than size and materials. So if you were looking for more effect than a simple shield, we'll need to discuss it in depth.
Back to top Go down
tygerr
Elite Follower
Elite Follower

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:20 pm

Considering the rules as published don't really say what sorts of bonuses accrue to *any* sort of non-Miraculous equipment, no I wasn't looking for any specific effect greater or lesser than any other sort of protective gear. I assume they'll provide some kind of bonus in combat, details to be determined by you; since they're by definition primitive shields made of primitive materials, I assume the effect won't be huge.

The added discussion was mostly because I'm a visual thinker and I want to know what they look like in order to correctly paint the picture in my head. And for background details-something I'm rather fond of. :-)
Back to top Go down
Varchild_Marquee
Hero
Hero
Varchild_Marquee

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 12:20 am

Unless a distinct advantage was gained by the shields (+1, +2, etc.) I would rule the shields give you an advantage against non-armored or poorly equipped enemies when you tie against them in a martial conflict. I mean, unless they're going to literally affect the roll, the big bonus is that you have an edge during ties.
Back to top Go down
tygerr
Elite Follower
Elite Follower

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 8:00 am

That's pretty much the way I'd treat any of our starting tech advantages--it provides an edge in ties during whatever kind of conflict the advantage affects. That leaves room for future improvements as our respective peoples acquire more-advanced materials and techniques--or for hypothetical more-advanced opponents to have equipment/techniques that trump ours. (Salamander gear and techniques, for instance, will generally be vastly more potent than ours in pretty much all respects.)
Back to top Go down
Bill Cumberland
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
Bill Cumberland

Character sheet
Name: Nocturn
Title: The Ancient one of Mystery
Primary Domain: Moon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:03 am

Changes in my personal situation require me to withdraw from the game. I am sorry.

Bill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 1:26 pm

Its me (Rich the Owner) and I want to join in.

Take a look at my character sheet and see if it is to your liking. I will post my miracles tomorrow.

PS looks like dice is working. Posting some results here.
Back to top Go down
Rhishisikk
Elite Follower
Elite Follower
Rhishisikk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 3:05 pm

Bill Cumberland wrote:
Changes in my personal situation require me to withdraw from the game. I am sorry.

Bill
No problem, Bill. I'll have your people fade into the jungle; if you're able to rejoin the game, please let us know.

Foresh: I have two questions:
1) I didn't know that stacking multiple stats onto your 'experts' was legal, can you give me a page reference for that? Mind you, it's cool, but I want to know that either it's already legal or something you specifically wanted to playtest.

2) Your commandment 'Take what you need'? Is this the Native American take (only) waht you need, or the Huns take what you need (from others)? It makes a BIG difference, trust me. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:44 pm

To be honest with you, "stacking stats" is something I have thought about for some time. There is no example in the book I can see, but there is no rule disallowing it as long as everything adds up to 30% (this will be modified as well but for now that is the best explaination). I will step down the dice for now, but I plan to make it an additional rule (in an upcoming book). It might make the numbers funky but it is workable to where you can have just 10 % followers with d8 Body Mind and Spirit

The former Native American idea is what my people live by.

Speaking of what my people live by, I will go and talk technology in the next thread.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkServant
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name: Varrius
Title: The Shining One
Primary Domain: The Sun

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:52 pm

Can I Play?

Name : Varrius

Title : The Shining One

Primary Domain : The Sun

Secondary Domain : Fertility, Passion, Fire

Inclinations : Harmony: Creation Balance: Destruction Balance: Control Opposition: Transformation

Current Belief : 50

Territory : Open Area on Lake Edge (I assume there would be some kind of plains yes?)

Total Followers : 100

Elite Followers : 5% Priests, B d6, M d6, S d8 20%: Town Guard (Militia), B d8, M d6, S d6 5% Town Council, B d6, M d8, S d6

Favorite Miracles :

Burning Passion (Varrius inspires an unstoppable Passion between two people) Minor Alteration (BC: 3) Domain: Passion (-1) Duration: 1 Week (+1)
Inclination: Control (Balance +0) Location: Typically in Controlled
Territory (+0) Scale: Household (+1) Total: +2/3/4 Miracle Cost: 6
Belief

Godseed (A young virgin awakens pregnant, visited by the
god in the middle of the night.) Minor Innovation (BC: 5) Domain: Fertility (-1) Duration: Permanent (+3) Inclination: Creation (Harmony -1) Location: Typically in
Controlled Territory (+0) Scale: Individual (+0) Total: +1 Miracle Cost: 5

Blinding Rays (The Sun shines into the eyes of an enemy Warband, reducing their effectiveness by one dice) Minor Alteration (BC: 3) Domain: The Sun (-2) Duration: Conflict
(+1) Inclination: Destruction (Balance +0) Location: Typically in
Controlled Territory (+0) Scale: Household (+1) Total: +0 Miracle Cost: 3 Belief

Active Miracles : Legendary Nimbus (Outer)

Commandments :
: The Words of Varrius are Thus -

1. Act with Honour Always

2. Do Not Kill without Honourable Reason

3. Respect and Protect your Family, and your Ancestors

Celestial Realm/ Favorite Season :
Midsummer

Description/Appearance : Varrius' realm stands at the centre of the Summer. His realm is full of fields growing food. It is a realm of permanent daytime, with the sun always shining, and the sky clear of clouds. Varrius lives within a grand house within the centre of the realm, surrounded always by thinkers, and beautiful women. A strong, almost blinding glow fills every room of this house, and Varrius is very fond of recieving guests there. Karote myth suggests that if the realm was ever to go dark it would surely mean the end of the world. Varrius himself can be found sitting upon a pure golden thrown, and is often deep in conversation.

Varrius is an imposing and musclebound figure, and would be noticeable in any crowd. He is a proud and passionate man, but all too aware of this, and like his people tries to act with honour at all times so his passion does not go against him. His eyes are a startling blue, as the clear sky and his hair a golden blonde. He wears exquisite clothing, a white cloak, with a golden clasp stylied as a sun adorns his back, and a pleasant smile always adorns his face.

Varrius loves to watch his people, and cares deeply for his childrens growth. Hailing from a far off land, (which he was forced to flee due to crimes of passion) he has taught his people how to farm rice and other crops. Varrius is an extremely friendly god (some would say too friendly) and is all too happy to let his most devoted (and beautiful) followers into his realms

Varrius also enjoys incarnating into the world, often in his human form (this being the form he was born into). He has a special love of doves, and if not wishing to be seen this is usually the form he chooses to incarnate as.

Hope thats all cool. I guess my Tech Advance would be Rice Farming if thats okay with the GM and as for Tech ladder type thing, I will be having One on the Path of Civilisation and One on the Path of Enlightenment.. we do choose them here right? Also would it be cool if I had a temple in my town, as per the rules from Celestial Gardens? Worship of Varrius is suprisingly formal, considering he is a God of Passion geek
Back to top Go down
forsaken1111
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:54 pm

Is this still running? I realize that the post before TheDarkServant's is 9 months old, so I doubt it, but it never hurts to ask.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Jungle - Roll Call   Dark Jungle - Roll Call I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Jungle - Roll Call
Page 1 of 1