Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Making New Followers - Rant

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhishisikk
Elite Follower
Elite Follower
Rhishisikk

Character sheet
Name: Typhon
Title: Sea Viper
Primary Domain: Sea

Making New Followers - Rant Empty
PostSubject: Making New Followers - Rant   Making New Followers - Rant I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 9:31 am

Okay, my reasoning for being against the raising of follower races from normal animals.

1) New Gods OF MANKIND, not New Gods of Ecology. Mind you, it's great to know that players have incentive to care about the natural world around them, but I disagree with a game where the god of Locusts and Tsetse Flies is automatically the most powerful.

2) If it were that easy to gain a loyal following of devout worshippers, those niches would already be taken.

3) Take a look at Australia. Whenever one species becomes dominant, the ecology suffers. Basic ecology - cull the herd or it'll cull itself.

4) Of course the game is about miracles, but there are also limits. Divine Sight, for example, won't reveal such a plant until it causes problems for the populace, at which point it COULD be self-replicating.

5) I had other points, but I'm beginning to calm down now...
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

Making New Followers - Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making New Followers - Rant   Making New Followers - Rant I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 9:33 am

I just pointed this out in the other thread. You are correct sir.
Back to top Go down

Making New Followers - Rant
Page 1 of 1