Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Differences between Amplification/Diminishment and Bonuses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Soullos
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Differences between Amplification/Diminishment and Bonuses Empty
PostSubject: Differences between Amplification/Diminishment and Bonuses   Differences between Amplification/Diminishment and Bonuses I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 7:52 am

As the title says, what are the differences between Amplification/Diminishment and Power Bonuses? They both gives bonuses, limited by 1/2 die size and from what I see, one appears to be cheaper (amp/dim in this case). Anything else I'm missing?
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Amplification/Diminishment and Bonuses   Differences between Amplification/Diminishment and Bonuses I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:07 am

Amplifications and Diminishments cannot be cast on their own. That would be an alteration miracle.

Amps and Dims are for use when you cast a miracle and you want to add an extra bonus.

It is much like casting an alteration bonus/ negative miracle to a dice score along with the main innovation miracle.

Instead of casting two separate miracles you cast one with the amp.

Where are you getting power bonuses from? If you are talking about alteration miracles that are bonus to die it is more expensive than just an amplification because of the reason states above. You cannot just cast an amplification. Amps and Dims go with miracles (except alteration miracles that give bonus to dice because you are already giving bonus to die and it is cheaper just to give bonus to die).
Back to top Go down
Soullos
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Amplification/Diminishment and Bonuses   Differences between Amplification/Diminishment and Bonuses I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:18 am

Ah, I see now. That clears up a lot. And yeah, I was talking about the alteration power bonuses (I forgot they were alteration miracles until you mentioned them Embarassed ). Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Amplification/Diminishment and Bonuses   Differences between Amplification/Diminishment and Bonuses I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Differences between Amplification/Diminishment and Bonuses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Skull Studios :: New Gods of Mankind :: Rules Discussion-
Jump to: