Dark Skull Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fate's Screen content

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DigitalMage
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Primary Domain:

Fate's Screen content Empty
PostSubject: Fate's Screen content   Fate's Screen content I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 6:48 am

I have just got the Fate's Screen pdf and have a couple of issues / questions about its content.

1) In the Miracles and Terror panel I was expecting to find all the cost factor tables (i.e. Scale, Duration, Location, Inclination & Domain) as well as the base cost tables, however these were missing. Why were such crucial tables missing?

2) In the same panel the rules for determining terror gained are not summarised, though the multiplier table is shown (and even the rules for Genocide). It could do with a few words that simply state:
"To gain Terror, cast a frightening Miracle and declare that you consume the Terror it creates (teh GM may determine you get terror even if you don't specify that you consume the Terror). Roll a d6 and multiply it by a number based on the Miracle’s scale, as shown on the table. That’s how much Terror you get. If you draw this Terror from people who worship another god, that god loses a like amount of Belief."

3) The Celestial Realms panel seems to summarise rules specific to the new Celestial Gardens book - unfortunately as I don't own this book it made little sense. I perhaps would have liked the screen to have contained a Top 10 things to know about the setting e.g. cotinent names, races, other gods, celestial realm names etc.

4) In the Conflict and Belief panel I was surprised that a summary of how to determine the number of enemy tokens affected when you win a conflict, i.e. the bit from NGH p77 that states:
"If [the conflict] was trying to affect the other side’s resources (by killing them, converting them, entrapping them, and so on), it succeeds to a degree. The winning side destroys (or otherwise affects) a number of the opponent’s tokens equal to the number of dice it rolled that scored higher than the opponent’s high number."I would have expected such a phrase to be inserted between "The side with the highest high number wins." and "The losing player chooses which tokens are affected."

Sorry if this sounds overly critical but I have at least tried to provide constructive criticism - has the screen made it to the printers yet? If not any chance of a few changes?

Overall it is a nice screen and as it is PDF I can print off the Miracles Worksheet from NGH and use that in place of the Celestial Realms panel for now..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Primary Domain:

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Screen content   Fate's Screen content I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:46 am

Hi Digital,

Right now the Fate's Screen PDF has not made its way to the printers. The printed version might be by the end of this year depending on profits made during the year.

I feel your statements are valid and there is a chance some changes might be made. I am just not sure where as space is tight. Also we wanted to keep one panel for the extra rules in the celestial gardens to avoid confusion.

We are also considering doing a slotted Fate's screen so people can drop in their own papers. Also if we come up with additional rules you will not need to buy another GM screen.

I could really use a proofreader if you are interested. Just send me a PM and we can talk. There is two more books on the way before summer break.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://darkskullstudios.forumotion.com
JoeSlucher
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit
JoeSlucher

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Screen content   Fate's Screen content I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:08 am

1) It would have taken up a lot of room that wasn't available. Also, that information can also be found at the bottom of the character sheet which there should probably be a couple of at any game session.
2)Since you'd like it added, and we think it's possible, we're going to try to squeeze this in now.
3)We didn't include setting information on the screen because we felt it was best to stick to only including mechanics related information. We've heard some players talk about using different settings so we felt it wouldn't necessary to everyone playing Fate. Also, we feel that Fate should probably know the basics of the setting before trying to step into the role.
4)Valid point and we should have room to put that in there.

So we'll jump on addressing 2 and 4 right away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joeslucher.com
DigitalMage
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Primary Domain:

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Screen content   Fate's Screen content I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:08 am

JoeSlucher wrote:
1) It would have taken up a lot of room that wasn't available. Also, that information can also be found at the bottom of the character sheet which there should probably be a couple of at any game session.
Although it is on the character sheet I do feel those tables are the key tables for the game and thus would have liked them on the GM screen, oh well.

JoeSlucher wrote:
2)Since you'd like it added, and we think it's possible, we're going to try to squeeze this in now.
Brilliant!

JoeSlucher wrote:
3)We didn't include setting information on the screen because we felt it was best to stick to only including mechanics related information. We've heard some players talk about using different settings so we felt it wouldn't necessary to everyone playing Fate. Also, we feel that Fate should probably know the basics of the setting before trying to step into the role.
True, and I too have heard people use the idea to use NGM with other settings, so probably a good call.

JoeSlucher wrote:
4)Valid point and we should have room to put that in there.

So we'll jump on addressing 2 and 4 right away.
Outstanding! Thanks for listening to feedback so positively and actually acting on it. Also it goes to show the benefit of PDF release prior to print release Smile
Back to top Go down
DigitalMage
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Primary Domain:

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Screen content   Fate's Screen content I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:12 am

Admin wrote:
Also we wanted to keep one panel for the extra rules in the celestial gardens to avoid confusion.
Fair enough, of course it makes me feel I need to buy Celestial Gardens now! Smile I swore off buying into another system, damn you! Very Happy

Admin wrote:
We are also considering doing a slotted Fate's screen so people can drop in their own papers. Also if we come up with additional rules you will not need to buy another GM screen.
That would be excellent - I think teh producers of Savage Worlds do one like this in landscape (and 3 panel). A 4 panel portrait one would be cool.

Admin wrote:
I could really use a proofreader if you are interested. Just send me a PM and we can talk. There is two more books on the way before summer break.
I appreciate the interest, but to be honest I don't have much spare time to do this sort of stuff, I am a very slow reader (unless its in pdf and grabs my attention) and what time I do have (usually in my lucnh hours) is spent writing scenarios.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
DigitalMage
Wandering Spirit
Wandering Spirit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:
Primary Domain:

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Screen content   Fate's Screen content I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:27 am

I have just noticed that the changes have been made to the PDF and I have now downloaded the new version from DriveThruRPG.com. Great going guys!
Back to top Go down
Fate
Admin
Fate

Character sheet
Name: Fate
Title: Steward of the Cosmos
Primary Domain: Destiny

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Screen content   Fate's Screen content I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:40 am

Not a problem,

We aim to get our products right. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fate's Screen content   Fate's Screen content I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fate's Screen content
Page 1 of 1